Round 2 Lexington Experian Results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 7, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got the "official" results in the mail from round 2 with Experian today. Lexington disputed six negatives -- Ford Motor Credit (that bogus repossession I'm still dealing with), four from a collection agency trying to collect an outrageous sum of money for a phone bill and Macy's.

The collection agency and Ford verified, Macy's was deleted. When I saw last Saturday online that the collection agency had verified all four listings I sent them a second nasty letter. On Thursday all four entries were deleted.

So on this round it's one out of five for Lexington and four out of four for me.

Interestingly, in the same mailing they show the inquiry disputes I submitted two weeks ago as "still pending" with a "projected completion date" of July 22.

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Round 2 Lexington Experian Resu

Dave, would you be willing to share letter 1 and letter 2 that you sent to the collection agency? (I hope I understand correctly... Lexington disputed with the CRA, while you disputed with the creditor.)

Thanks!

Randy

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Randy, here's letter 1 and letter 2. I hope they help you.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am in receipt of two separate mailings from your company indicating that I owe you money and threatening to report this to "National Credit Reporting Bureaus." Your mailing indicates that the creditor in this matter is Pacific Bell.

I called Pacific Bell this afternoon and they told me they have no record of any past-due balances owed to them.

On the advise of my attorney, I am hereby demanding validation of this matter under section 809 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Be advised I am not asking you for verification that you have my name and mailing address, but for competent evidence that I have some contractual obligation to pay you.

Please be aware that if any negative mark is found on my credit reports from your company or any company you represent, this will result in my filing an immediate lawsuit against you and your client for 1) Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 2) Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 3) Negligent Enablement of Identity Fraud. I have ordered copies of my credit file from all three national agencies this afternoon.

Sincerely,

DaveLV

This letter was ignored. When they verified with Experian, I sent this letter.

Dear Sir or Madam:

On May 14, 2001 I wrote your company requesting validation under section 809 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act of a debt you claim I owe to Pacific Bell. As of today I have received no response from your company except for the return receipt from my certified mailing signed on May 17. 2001. I am enclosing a copy of my May 14th letter.

I contacted Pacific Bell by telephone on May 14th, and they tell me they have no record of me owing them any money. I have tried to contact your company for proof of this debt without success, yet you continue to report this unsubstantiated debt to the credit reporting agencies. In the case of Experian, I received word today that you verified as accurate two sets of duplicate collection accounts. Just how many accounts with Pacific Bell are you claiming I had? What a coincidence that they had identical balances!

Because of this I can only conclude that you are willfully and knowingly reporting false information to the credit reporting agencies in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Since you won't respond to my letters and you insist on verifying inaccurate information with the credit reporting agencies, I have no recourse other than to litigate. This letter will serve as my demand for payment of $5,000 as damages for your violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, defamation and negligent enablement of identity fraud. You may send payment to the address listed at the top of this letter. In lieu of payment you may send a letter of apology and remove your entries from my credit reports and I will drop legal proceedings.

Please stop this willful and mean-spirited attack against me.

Sincerely,

DaveLV

Along with this letter I enclosed a printout of the complaint I filed online with the Better Business Bureau.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats on your great work!! You are mighty impressive there, Dave!

:)

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Much appreciated, Dave. This is just excellent, fine, fine work. Thanks again,

Randy

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got snail mail from the BBB in San Diego today acknowledging my complaint and promising to follow up within 48 hours. There really seems to be something to this BBB complaint stuff. I'm really dying to see what kind of letter I get from the collection agency.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've had good luck using the BBB along with other resources! :)