Running out of Ideas

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 19, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I hate Ford! They report 3 different things to the CB

TU- 1 late payment
    EX- 3 late payments
    EQ- no late payments
    I have disputed thru the CB's, I honestly can't remember being late, maybe once but not 3 times. I tried to email C/S and they sent me back an email that said
    "I have researched your inquiry and determined the payment history is accurate and will not be altered." Then it went on to say dispute it with the Credit Burueaus. I've already done that. What next? Forget about it?
    KHM

2. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

Keep disputing until you get thr results you want.

3. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Only problem with that is, the last time I disputed it with Ex was Sept. 2001 and now they won't let me dispute it unless I come up with some 'proof'.
    KHM

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Come up with the proof then? I am in the same boat. They are saying that there were 19 30-day lates and 5 60-day lates on a 48 month loan! The numbers were worse than that until I started disputing it and they 'updated' the records. I didn't feel like sumbitting pages and pages of bank statements to Experian. Since the DOL on the account is 11/98, I'm taking a different approach in the matter. I'll keep you posted.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You don't need proof... Experian needs to change their "policy". Straight from the Fair Credit Report, Section 611 Procedure in case of disputed accuracy (a) Reinvestigation of disputed information (1) Reinvestigation Required .

Write a letter to Experian quoting this section. Should they fail to investigate as requested, they are in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and subject to penalities as desribed in Section 616 Civil Liability for willful noncomplaince.

Print it, mail it CM RRR.

The FCRA does not place any limits on the number of times a tradeline can be investigated or the length between "rounds". Don't let Experian.....

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I sent an e-mail regarding the incorrect info they were reporting on my old accounts. Got the same message stating to dispute it through the CRA's. I replied and said been there done that comes back verified. I told them they are responsible for what gets reported with the CRA's and it is their responsibility to correct it or get sued. I did have documentation to support my case that they were reporting wrong and in fact some of the documentation was sent to me by Ford. They then sent me a response that my request was now being handled by their Exec. Assistant.

Not being satisfied with that I promptly sent a letter to their CEO threatening legal action if it was not taken care of. So far it looks as though it's been addressed on one of my reports. I am still waiting on the other two. I am fortunate in that I do have an attorney and Ford has been advised as such.

I would try writing their offices and demand an investigation. I would think that the burden of proof would be on them. If they keep good records as a business, then they can back up the lates, if not, they should correct it.