?'s re: Target's instant online app

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Luke, Apr 12, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: ?'s re: Target's instant online app

Use it, now and then...

You can pay ON-LINE as soon as the statement shows up...

PAY IN FULL...(YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY 21%)

2. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

I will George...I can't stay away from their holiday 90% off clearance sales! :)

3. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Re: Re: ?'s re: Target's instant online app

The only reason I applied for this card is to have a "Retail" cc again and it seemed to be the easiest to get post bk. Won't use it much - after it starts reporting maybe three or four times a year and will try to keep purchases under $50. Target does not have much that I want anyway. It just seems to part of the desired credit mix.

4. cre8ivegrl

cre8ivegrl Well-Known Member

Does target count as a "major department store" card? Or just as a regular revolving account?

5. pnwman

pnwman Well-Known Member

If possible refresh my memory. Target pulls EQ from their web site but who from in store? Is in store score driven or will charge offs and collections cause an automatice rejection? Thanks for your help!

6. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

I think I read in the archives they pull TU in the store.

Luke

7. kit

kit Well-Known Member

definitely TU in store... I applied for DH last night, he has been turned down twice before, but score is in the 610s now so thought I'd try again. Last two applications he got the need further processing message only, but last night he got the need further processing plus an application number. Anyone know if getting an application number is a "good" sign or is it 50/50?

8. pnwman

pnwman Well-Known Member

It sounds like the online application gets a manual review if there are any bad tradelines. Any idea if in store is entirely score based? Thanks!

9. gli

gli Active Member

Re: Re: ?'s re: Target's instant on

I got instant approval at the store and got a temporary card to use the same day.

They pulled EX for me in California. I asked for the Guest Card only when I applied.

I was previously denied the Target Visa when I applied online. They pull EQ online.
    -

10. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

I applied on-line on my EQ was my lowest score (584 FICO) based on my Feb.2003 credit report. I had a bk 7 discharged in 12/02. Although I included all debts (five of them) in my bk, three were not listed as "incl in bk" and instead read variations (depending on the credit report) of "Charge off/bad debt", "profit and loss write off" and "Paid collection" - none of that true. I didn't pay a dime and will challenge these remarks when I receive fresh credit reports within the next two weeks. So perhaps the in-store vs. website criteria are a little different.

cre8ivegrl: Before my bk I had three major department store charges, Macys, Strawbridges and Sears. I didn't owe anything on any of them so did not include them in my bk. On Macys I was an AU on my ex-husband's account. Straws was a joint so I was able to cancel it a couple months before I declared bk. Sears, however, canceled me because I had declared bk. All three major department charges showed up as "Revolving charges", so I would assume that Target will show up the same way.

11. cre8ivegrl

cre8ivegrl Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am looking to round out my credit with a retail card but read that a major department store card was more desirable. I guess I had always thought they were roughly the same.

I have TU of at least 637 (but have had 3 older derog deletions and a better credit usage % since that score). I know they'll deny EQF because it has an open collection on it. And EXP... I'll know more after I get my investigation back. I mailed it March 19th. Nothing like pushing that 30 day envelope.

12. pnwman

pnwman Well-Known Member

Well online MUST be score based! I applied and immediately got approved for standard $200 limit. My EQ score is high but shows a chargeoff and 2 open CA accounts. I needed a 2nd store card so even though small it will help in the long run. I previous had several RNB accounts with other retailers but had not used them in many years and when I contacted RNB they had no record of the accounts. Thanks again.

13. notasaint

notasaint Well-Known Member

i applied for my husband, just got a letter stating that his cr cannot be verfied! we just got all 3 of his reports within the last 2 weeks, what the heck does this mean, cannot be verified? and how do get the info to them? i have disputed a few things on my husbands report but that shouldn't make it unverifiable.

14. psp in nm

psp in nm Well-Known Member

I applied online and was denied b/c of chargeoff with mervyn's in 95, so they still had a record somewhere!

15. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Re: ?'s re: Target's instant online

Same here. I paid my chargeoff ($40) a few years ago. So, my question is, how long - or if ever - will they wait before they give 2nd chance or "forget" about previous bad history? Or am I forever SOL as far as getting an account?