Saar, Nave, all my fellow experts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 12, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I would like to be approved for any of the following cards:

AMEX
    Citi AA
    Macys

What does my score have to be in order to obtain approval and high limits?

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Mom, I am not sure there is a good answer to your question. First it would depend on the report each pulls, for instance I think Amex=Experian...so my Experian score via CE was 720 last I checked. I have one negative tax lien on experian and I think I would be denied Amex. So it may be more than just score they look at. Now for the biggest reason...I dont have any of those so I don't even know what to answer as far as score for getting one of those cards. :)

I would be interested to know (if you get any of them), what report they pulled and what your situation is on that report.

Nice to hear from you, havent seen you in a while. How are things with Junum going? Hope all is well.

-Dave

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

NAVE

Things are going well. I was on vacation....NYC......Junum somehow messed up with their billing cycle and my account was overdrawn. But they credited me and gave me a free month.

I haven't heard anything yet from round 2. They sent out disputes dating 6/8 and 6/29. I sort of confused at this point. I did receive a confirmation from experian but they didn't indicate when the investigation would be completed. They just stated that after the investigation, I will be notified of the results. So I'm just waiting....as usual.

How are things going with you? I want to apply for more cards but I guess I should wait until I pay off my credit cards. I went crazy in NY. Maxed out my cc. =oD But I'm happy.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: NAVE

Things are ok. Junum is still chugging away and I know what you mean about confusing...with these 2 week cycles, I am getting reports back and 2 days later getting confirmation letters like the one you got from Experian (BTW I also get no dates for dispute completion from Ex just "dispute in progress"). As far as getting confirmations from Equifax, I never have, so I never know if or when they are in the cycle. Trans Union always sends me a confirmation, with dates telling me when the investigation will be complete. If I read the website correct, by now Junum will have sent disputes for every single negative I have on all 3 reports.

I know what you mean about cards. As you improve your credit, you want to get better cards than the subprime ones, but for now, I am working on raising the limits of what I have instead of risking hard inquiries for cards I can not get like the Everbank Platnium inquiry I wasted...woops a bit too eager :)

Hope you had fun in NY! It's EASY as pie to max out those cards in the big apple, I have done it many times. Sounds like you must have had a blast :) Glad to see you back.

-Dave