Saks Fifth Avenue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by susanna, Sep 6, 2003.

1. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

We are trying to clean up our CR for a mortgage refinance and my husband has 2 90-day lates reported by Saks Fifth Ave. He was out of work for 18 months and we barely made it through but he paid the Saks balance in full. He's written them a letter, called, etc. and they won't budge. He just sent doc's "nutcase letter" and has gotten no response. What is the next step?

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

HEY SUSANNA! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? :)

Send em a CRRR and tell them if they don't correct their incorrect reporting you'll sue for FCRA violations. Tell them you tried to be nice about it and got no response.

Wondering what in the world you're talking about they'll [PROBABLY] pull your report, = No PP.

Then sue, and offer to drop AFTER it's removed, (which means they better get it done by the court date).

Have you disputed with the CRA's yet?

Sortof a Nutcase version with a Gorilla tactic to illicit a violation.

:)

Don't be such a stranger.

3. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Isn't Saks Federated Dept Stores?

4. susanna

Hi Butch!! Thanks for remembering me... So nice to see a familiar, friendly name here -- I remember what great advice you gave me during my MBNA fiasco and all the hand-holding I got from you and others. You were wonderful...
    I have popped in a few times and responded to MBNA queries, but I need to hang around more to get smart on helping my DH w/his CR.
    I appreciate your advice once again. I presume that Saks will take the bait and pull the CR and then they have an FCRA violation. Is there a letter here that deals with that? My memory has lapsed...
    Hope all is well with you and hope to see you here more often.
    Warm regards,
    Susanna

5. susanna

Butch,
    Yes, we disputed with the CRA's and they verified. Then sent a Goodwill letter, made a follow-up phone call and then sent the nutcase CRRR. There are no inquiries on the CRs yet...If we don't get an inquiry by Saks, do we resend the nutcase?

6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Well ... between now and the expiration of the first 30 days from when the last NC was sent, we can write something which, hopefully will ... ahem ... "entice" them to pull your CR.

Maybe Doc should write it. He can apply his psycho-talent to make the impulse to pull your report irresistible.

:)