Sam - Money order update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Jan 17, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I went to the P.O. today to file a claim for the money order that Providian "didn't receive" (or posted to the wrong acct.). The clerk did tell me that it could take up to 3 months before I hear anything about this M.O.

I asked Providian to look into this, and they said they would. I'm thinking most likely it was posted to the wrong acct. Anybody could have made a mistake and entered my acct # wrong by one digit. If this is the case and they can't locate my $250, am I SOL? From what I understand, if cashed, the P.O. will not reissue another Money order. Can't anything ever go smoothly??!!! I'm pissed! I have o send in another payment and I'm short! If the $250 had been posted, my balance only be about $130!!! But instead, it's $380!!! Geez~louise!! Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do next? Thankx

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had somebody elses payment posted to my account once...it can happen.

When I called asking about it, they thought I was crazy for asking...(I figured they would eventually catch it when the other customer complained about the missing payment)...

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

So what should I do??

Should I just bug Providian til they find out where my payment went? The P.O. could have lost it, but just in case, I'll stay on Providian's ass til they sort it out or til I get the P.O. to give me the money back.

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

What is SOL? . . . statute of limitations??

-Alwilda Smith

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

@4#! out of Luck...

6. Julie

Julie Guest

IMPORTANT help for you/ money

About the money order, I had an experience 2 months ago, where my landlord was trying to say he never received a rent payment from me for $450. I know I sent it, I had the copy, so he was pulling a fast one on me and I didn't like it. I called the post office, they asked for the money order #, called me back in 15 minutes, told me it was cashed on December 2nd. So, I don't get why your post office is giving you B.S., that it will take 3 months, etc... all you do is call, give the #, they call you back. The postlady said she called a country wide #, that told her when it was cashed. BTW, my landlord" conveniently" found the m.o. Julie

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: IMPORTANT help for you/ mo

MAYBE, the 3 months is to get their "hands" on the original paper...and sending it to your local post office for you to see it.

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Yes, George... I think you're right. Providian said that I had to fax the information(that it was cashed by them) and from there they will investigate. So I guess it will have to take up to the three months to actually get all the documentation I need. That sucks big time. I'll call the Post Office anyway to see if I get results... Thanks to all for their input!

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Just for anyone else that reads here and sends money orders.

Either insure the mo, or use delivery confirmation. It helps track the packages. The usps now lets you track insured packages the same as delivery confirmation.

Or send a check :) or pay online.

blindly sending mail, is still, risky.

10. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I would talk to providian, and see if they can give you an increase to cover the amount of the lost payment. They are pretty generous, so you might me able to work something out until this mess is straightened out.