sample letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 21, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a link for a good sample letter I can send to the collection agency about a debt, how to offer a settlement with the stipulation that they remove the account?

thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom
    At the link below you can find sample letters. You must download the book and fill out the questionaire. Then at appendix III there are sample letters. http://qualitycreditrepair.com/book/contents.htm. Also on the discussion board for quality credit repair, same site, I posted a sample letter to settle or pay accounts. The date is September 9, 2000 pertaining to a sterling bank account. Of course it is under my posting...roni...Good Luck. Any questions?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Roni

Thanks I found the site and the message boards, seems like a very informative board too:)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

One more thing Roni?

Now if they DON"T agree to remove this, it really won't help the credit scores, right? I know I have to pay this in order to get mortgage, just hoping I can get it removed too, but I know I read somewhere that a paid collection is just about the same as an unpaid colection according to credit scoring, right?

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: One more thing Roni?

Yes, that is what the concensus. Paid collections do not help your score at all. However, someone challenged this on the board I referred you to. An all out battle occured because of it. Kristi went off on the guy. LOL. No really, I believe that it will not help your score, so before you pay you should do every amount of negotiating possible to get it off. You will notice that the letter I wrote on the site is a followup letter to a phone call. It is a good idea to get someone there to work with you and then send in a letter to get it in writing. Also, what kind of collection is it?

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It is the one I was telling you about from the utility comapny, I tried calling them but couldn't get anywhere with them they told me to contact the collection agency

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As I said previously, I am terrible on the phone, i really have a phobia about, weird I know but I don't even like ordering a pizza LOL, so I was hoping i could do this all by mail, but if it is best to call them what exactly should I say and not say about offering to settle debt? If you want you can email me Roni so I don't clog up the boards
    Airann23@aol.com

8. kristi

kristi Guest

Oh, I remember that Roni.... He was obtuse to say the least. His argument was that paying a collection account did increase the FICO. My point was that a paid collection or collection are both negative (R-9). While I agreed that one must pay a collection account to get a mortgage most of the time, I did not agree about the FICO improvement. He refused to even understand that you should try to improve the rating etc. It appears now that when I visit that board that I was not dealing with a rational person. He has appeared to have taken on someoneâ??s identity on that board and even posted private info about the individual. Now I realize I wasted my time in even debating him.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Yes, that is what the concensus. Paid collections do not help your score at all. However, someone challenged this on the board I referred you to. An all out battle occured because of it. Kristi went off on the guy. LOL. No really, I believe that it will not help your score, so before you pay you should do every amount of negotiating possible to get it off. You will notice that the letter I wrote on the site is a followup letter to a phone call. It is a good idea to get someone there to work with you and then send in a letter to get it in writing. Also, what kind of collection is it?

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes Kristi, he was a loone. But I will keep my mouth shut b4 she starts stealing my identity. LOL.

10. Killer

Killer Guest

Roni...Keep Me Posted on Sterl

Roni,

I have a charged off Sterling thats 5 yrs old. It's not in collection so I called them and offered full payment (it's only $300) in exchange for removal. They wouldn't budge! What she I do? What's your situation?

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I never had a Sterling account

That was actually was someone on another message board asking for advise. I posted my sample negotiation letter for that poster who had a charge off sterling account. But if you go to that post, you will read that the person actually got sterling to agree to delete over the phone but wanted to know how to write a written agreement.

12. Saar

Saar Banned

There's no doubt you were right.

An interesting point is: Statistically, what are the chances of removing a paid collection when disputing it (as opposed to an unpaid collection).

Working such a long time in this industry, I'm sure you have an educated guess. Thanks.

Saar

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Killer - Also Trying to Negoti

I also have a Sterling account that I owe $700 on and I am going to try to get them to delete the debt. Molly posted and said that she had luck with them and would keep me posted. I am surprised they played hardball with you over $300.00. Anyone have some advice???

I'll keep you posted