sample letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a copy of a letter they have used to negotiate a settlement in exchange for removal of negative entry on credit? I don't know what to call this letter to do a search for it. I would appreciate it if someone could post one or tell me what to search to find one. Thanks!

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I would show you mine, but it obviously didn't work. They sent me back a letter that basically said "HELL NO!", and a copy of an Equifax letter that said that their memebership could be terminated if Equifax found out about deleting for a payment. It has to be TRUE and CORRECT info...

Dustin

3. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Negotiating settlements??

Negotiating a settlement? Yeah right!!

That's about like the lamb trying to negotiate his way out of the middle of a pack of wolves trying to decide what to have for supper.

You should never try to negotiate a settlement nor dispute a report with the credit bureaus. Just don't work well. There are much better ways, and people need to learn them.

You don't negotiate, you attack and you attack hard. Run them around Robin Hood's barn a few times and it soon becomes a totally different ballgame.

When you learn enough that you can get them to send you letters like the one on my website, you know you have them where you want them.

Disputing adverse reports with the credit bureaus is also a bad news thing to do. The results of a dispute with the credit bureaus is usually worse than a bad hair day.
    Learn to never dispute anything on your credit report and never ask them to verify anything on your credit report. Make them validate the report and you never run out of ways to win.

Bill Bauer
    http://creditwrench.hypermart.net/index.html

4. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Re: Negotiating settlements??

OK haven't some of you been able to negotiate settlements in exchange for removal....I know it won't be easy...that the collection agencies will try to say they can't but I know I have read on this board that people have done it....I don't think I dreamed it up. I was just wanting to find a copy of a letter someone had used to do this.

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Shelby,
    Go to yahoo groups credit-repair forum. They have letters out there that may suit your needs.

Good luck

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Shelby - do a search on old messages posted on this board.. there are other methods that are more aggressive and successful than the one Bill is suggesting above.. I have already had several rounds with the CRA and directly disputed and had items removed.. use the samples that were posted by Marie and Lizardking..