sample letters

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

This may be a silly question but i've read post that refer to sample letters (validations, disputes)on this site. Where can I find them and how do i access them?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Equifax: Use the online dispute service, nuff said.

Transunion: Order a free report, they give you a form in the mail that you can use to dispute everything. Its their preferred form, and works good.

Experian:
    Here's a stock letter: I used with experian, noted 10 (all my negatives) on one letter. got 9 out of 10 deleted using this:

XXX 2, 2000

NCAC
    PO Box 2002
    Allen, TX 75013

To Whom It May Concern,

The items below DO NOT belong to me! The following information therefore needs to be removed from my credit file immediately.

I respectfully request to be provided proof of these alleged items, specifically the contracts, notes or other instruments bearing my signature. Failing that, the items must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

ACCOUNT NAME - ACCOUNT NUMBER (XPN-XXXX*) Does not belong to me!

The listed items are completely inaccurate and incomplete. Please delete this misleading information immediately!

Sincerely,

Pamela Z. XXXXXX
    XXX Ocean Ave 6-X
    Brooklyn, NY XXX

D.O.B.: X0/23/XX
    S.S.N.#: 064-66-XXXX

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

you can do a search of the type of letter you are looking for..for instance, search "validation letter"...:) on this board