scared but willing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mister B, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Mister B

Mister B Guest

I am in the beginning stages of credit rebuilding, my credit is terrible,but I am on this board for some advice and feedback. Any and all will be appreciatted. Lexington Law Firm is my guys I think I will wait it out wih them. For you all that have had success how bad was your credit???

P.S. I want my Platinum Amex

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If you want platinum amex, you're goal is to eliminate ALL negative items. Or wait 7 years till they all fall off. So read up and start disputing by yourself. If you pay others to do it, you're really throwing money in the garbage, of course some people are richer than others here, so thats an objective opinion..

Good luck, we all want platinum amex here :)

3. am

am Guest

Sam
    I don't know if hiring Junum is throwing money in the garbage---could you please let us know why you say that? Did you have a bad experience with them?
    A couple days ago I enrolled my husband in the Junum program. The fee I will pay Junum is equivalent to less than a hour's work for me or my husband. The work that I would need to put into writing letters, going to the post office, etc is a lot more than an hour's time....I also did my own dispute and was semi successful--got the easy stuff off, I'd say.
    But that's my justification. I'd enjoy reading yours, thanks!

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

It took me about 5 minutes of my time to write a letter, print it, envelope it,stamp it, and stick it in my front door for the mailman to pickup.

There's no reason to go to the postal office.

Equifax- online disputes work wonders, free too. Apply somewhere, get denied, and then dispute dispute dispute.

Transunion- Same way, they mail you a free report with the form they like to see, fill it out, mail it away.

I've reduced all of my baddies to like 3 per report, spending no time at all on my end.

If you don't mail off at least 3 volleys of your own disputes before going to junum you are truly throwing money away.

You are paying like $20/month right? Its going to take 3-4 months to get action, thats $60 bucks. Plus every item deleted is a charge of like $8 bucks.

Send me the cash and i'll be glad to do the same thing, for you :)

Of course, i said my opinion was subjective, if you have the cash, then albeit, spend it.

If i had the money to hire a maid to clean my house, i would by all means do so, but i don't so i do the same handy work myself.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I did my own disputing for a couple of rounds before hiring Junum. I also was semi successful. Junum, on round 1, got 8 deletions on my transunion report, including items that came back verified twice when I disputed. Sure, I got a few deletions, but am convinced that the items I couldn't get off would have stayed had I not hired Junum. My transunion report is now clean of any charge offs, collections etc. They are disputing a couple of late (30 day)pays and that's it for transunion, and only round 2. Experian they got 4 removed and still has a couple more to go. They just sent out round 2. I haven't heard from equifax, as they claim to have not received disputes yet. All in all, I would have to say including the deletions, that was the best $125 I have ever spent. I would definitely suggest Junum or Lex. to anyone.

6. am

am Guest

Well, I think that is a great choice for you Sam. Several months ago, I wrote some letters for disputes and was not done after several hours of work. Obviously it comes easier to others than myself--which is really funny, I communicate via text often at my job and it is a quick, painless event there....but not so when I'm working on my own disputes. Go figure.
    It's nice to see perspective, thanks for repsonding Sam & LKH.