scentura creations::SCAM

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by f_scentura, May 4, 2000.

1. SRGW PI

SRGW PI New Member

wanted to warn people that they are now in California and using the name GTW management.

2. User30341

User30341 New Member

Unfortunately, it seems thereâ??s a lot of negativity and false information circulating the internet regarding Scentura, and I think itâ??s based mostly on peopleâ??s misunderstanding of the Scentura Opportunity. I thought Iâ??d post something brief that would help make things clear.

First of all, Scentura Creations is a manufacturer and supplier of rendition fragrances. They distribute their product line to Independent Wholesale Business owners throughout the U.S. and have been in business for more than 35 years. Theyâ??re unique in that they provide merchandise without any capital outlay to these Independent Wholesale Distributors, meaning they donâ??t pay Scentura until after theyâ??ve sold the merchandise. This is key because it removes a huge barrier of entry into businessâ?¦ Inventory costs.

Second, the sales model used by most independent businesses that sell Scenturaâ??s products is that of Direct Selling. Itâ??s a business to business, face-to-face sales strategy that has worked for over 35 years. Itâ??s not glamorous, and itâ??s probably not for everyone, but it just works.

Last, and most importantly, Scentura doesn't ask you to invest any money, it's not a franchise, it's not a pyramid or multi-level marketing business, there's nothing to purchase, there are no sign-up fees. The only thing required from you is your time and hard work, and youâ??ll get a chance to run your own business. How many companies out there are willing to offer that?

It probably sounds too good to be true, but it makes sense when you understand Scentura's incentive: It's a Win-Win scenario for everyone. You get a chance to own your own business, and Scentura gains a new customer, which means more volume. If Scentura only dealt with individuals who had hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest, they'd be waiting a long time,
    especially in this economy. So they're willing to take all the financial risk.

Again, this is not for everyone, but the opportunity is definitely real, and many owners have gone on to make six-figure incomes running their own businesses that sell Scentura's products.

If you have any further complaints, please direct them to pr@scenturacreations.com

Thank you.

3. BCOHEN2010

BCOHEN2010 Well-Known Member

With all due respect, User30341, you are (or claim to be) an employee of Scentura Creations. So of course you're going to say that all of the negative experiences people have had with the company are "false information", etc. It's not like you're going to come right out and say "Yeah, you caught us. It's a scam."

I have never personally dealt with this company, or known anyone who has actually worked for them. However, as I am now in college, I periodically see flyers posted and people on campus giving out business cards for companies with a similar business model in order to recruit vulnerable 18-25 year-olds with promises of "bonuses and comissions".

4. FCRAlawyer

FCRAlawyer Member

Sounds like a simple tier scheme. However, what does this topic have to do with any credit related issues? I don't care that it is here mind you, but this topic seems more appropriate for an State's Attorney General.