Score up 6 points

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, Jul 19, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just wanted to share my score went up six points.

I noticed that my new Providian gold account had been added to my report. Since they didn't pull a hard inquiry my score hadn't changed until now.

I started out at a 542 at the end of April or early May. Now I am at a 561. Pushing for a 625-650 by January or February so I can apply for a mortgage.

Thanks to all of the people who posts their techniques. Through reading this board I am finding the courage to fight.

NJ_Newbie

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats on the increase. You keep at it..you are gonna be in the house in no time!

3. nj_newbie

NanaC,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Right now, I am trying my best to dispute the last negative accounts on my credit reports. They are pretty hard since they all note that they were "included in bk" or "dishcarged bk7".

So far I have disputed them twice, and they continue to come back verified.

All of these accounts have a $0 balance or say unrated, do you think these have any affect on my scores at all.

Using the CreditExpert simulator, it looks like once a few inquiries fall off and I pay down some balances on my current cards, I can be at about a 650.

Anyway, this is my next attack to pay down my balances and see how this works out. I'll keep everyone posted on my results.

NJ_Newbie

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

HI...I have a few of those but mine say bk13. I think it would be better if they were off but I know that having them listed with a $0 balance is better than having them show a balance (mine on Exp. are!) Be careful when disputing as I had some change to show a balance and I had to get them back to show included in Chap. 13..it dropped my score quite some points when that happened. I did get i fixed, though.

I am just now beginning to focus on my included in bk accounts. Maybe we can share our infomation as we learn on this!

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Terrific! congratulations!

breeze

6. nj_newbie

***I am just now beginning to focus on my included in bk accounts. Maybe we can share our infomation as we learn on this!***

NanaC,

I am willing to share any and all information regarding my progress on getting these accounts off.
    Till next time....

NJ_Newbie

7. nj_newbie

THANKS!!!! :O)