Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tialli, Feb 23, 2001.

1. tialli

tialli Guest

What would be the best way to go about getting the bank that holds your credit card to tell you your FICO score? What should you specificaly say?

Thanks for any and all help!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

They probably won't tell you.

I have been lucky because one credit union will show me the score when I apply for credit.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Credit card companies typically dont have that information. The credit card reps definitely dont, or at least that is what they say. The score must be pulled directly. Your best bet is with a mortgage co, or car dealer.

roni

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Score-correction.

I meant to say they have the score but will not tell you. And the reps if they do have the score but most dont will not tell you the score over they phone. You'd have to go to the bank if possible. Like I said, car dealer is a good idea.

roni

5. tialli

tialli Guest

Would they not have the score on file from when they pulled it to give you the card first place. As for giving it over the phone, they have no problem giving my balance or whatever other personal info when I've identified myself - any thoughts.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

it is just not done. Let us know if you have luck.

7. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Giving out the score violates their agreement with the CRA. But scores are coming soon direct or so they say.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thank you.