Scores and your INSURANCE PREMIUMS

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cedonulli, Oct 27, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

At least there aren't robbing folks in that state under bogus pretenses!

2. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I have to assume that the laws in PA are the same as in Mass - with my lousy FICO, coupled with my lousy driving record, but I've never been turned down for any type of insurance. I have noticed that they do run credit checks, however. The only time I had high auto ins rates, were afer the accidents and cancellation. those have since fallen off the record (3 years) and I am back to a much better rate. If my kid was over 21, they'd be even lower.

PS - Anna was not involved in the accidents - just guilty by association.

3. lbrown59

What do you by this?

4. lbrown59

You were no doubt paying higher rates prior to the accidents due to the low score.You just never noticed it because you never saw the rate for the higher score.

5. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I don't think I was paying any more than anyone else, I asked around. My dad has A plus credit, and his rates were the same as mine.

What I meant was, I didn't have any wrecks, but since I'm on the same policy as the demolition derby twins, I was included in the cancellation and the rate increase.

6. lbrown59

They still havent dropped to the lowest rate that you should be paying because of the fico farce!