Scores

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got my score today and it went from 672 to 606. Is this really bad? I have allot of new accounts (also inquries) and a couple others have high balances. Well this get better within a year or is it going to take longer. I am going to get my balances down to half the limit. Is that a good idea? I am not very knowlegable in this area but I would like to get above the 700 mark for a Mortgage in a year or so.Does anyone have any better ideas?...Thanks,Ron

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

High balance to limit ratio is a credit score killer. This is more significant than having alot of inquiries. Getting below 50% credit utilization is a must and 15-20% ideal. You can go about it two ways simultaneously: pay down existing balances and get higher limit cards. Sometimes charging alot and paying off quickly, then letting the account stay dormant for a month or two will help to get your current creditors to raise the limit. This worked for me with Providian and the limit jumped 2300 in just three months.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

May I ask is what time limit did it drop??

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

See momof3 ..about ratios.

mom,
    This is a clear example of what i was telling you about your balance limit ratios. You got the citi card right. That may help alot. Pay that aria like you never paid anything before. Who cares what the apr is . It is killing your scores have a balance at 90% the limit. Since your profile is short, it is sending red flags about your credit risk. you maxed out a card quickly. Pay it off quickly and aria will increase you. Beg aria for an increase to help your ratio. BTW: did you check out what MIlmil did today. Now that was a power move and I hope it pays off. I felt great after I did my first secured collateral bank loan.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: See momof3 ..about ratios.

Yes i am focusing on paying down Aria, I saw what Mil did, that was great. I on the otherhand don't have that kinda of money to open up an account and get secured loan. Now overall with my citibank ,my overall ratio on cards limits/balances is around 54%, of course citibank not reporting limits isn't going to help my experian score:( But it should help equifax and transunion, now if we can get them to report to experian.

6. Banking Di

Banking Di Guest

first if you received your score today, that
    means that the fico option was used to pull
    your score, and therefore, left another
    inquiry on your file, these inquiries stay on
    your file for 24 months, 6 inquiries in a 6
    month period will pretty much assure you of a
    low score for a long period of time.

for more in depth response, and recommendations, email: support@experian.net

7. Banking Di

Banking Di Guest

RE: See momof3 ..about ratios.

there are alternative ways to increase your
    score to offset citibank not reporting the
    available/credit line.

each file is different.

for more detailed information email:
    support@experian.net

8. Mo

Mo Guest

Banking Division --what's your

My Dear Banking Division:

The tenor of your two responses in this thread lead to the suspicion that you are attempting some sort of marketing that may be, how shall we say, "not in the best interest" of folks who visit this forum. By doing a "whois" on your domain, I find that the owner of "experian.net" is:

APRE Credit (EXPERIAN5-DOM)
    2525 Main Street #106
    Santa Monica, CA 90405
    US

Of course, your address, as exposed, on this board is an "aol" address, and that is obvious, but perhaps this is due to a lack of savvy.

If your post is deliberately vague and intriguing (the very definition of a "hook" for suckers), then we need to know if you are just another scammer passing through.

IF you have good information that would be well received on this board, please stop being so cryptic. The reason for my reticence is that (a) you are identified as being at the domain "experian.net", and (b)you refer people to a blind email with no indication of credentials, etc.

[Concerning point "a" ] First of all, the www site of "experian.net" is password-protected. I find it NOT credible that you are openly identified with Experian, as that company would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER be a part of a board such as this, and would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER solicit consumer business in this venue in this manner. My concluded opinion is that you may have chosen "experian.net" in a deliberate attempt to mislead those who are susceptible to confusing, duplicitious hooks by hoping for inferences that "experian.net" (APRE Credit) is somehow officially connected to Experian.

[ Concerning point "b"] The blind email with no references, credentials citation, etc. is, again, consistent with those who simply want to "hook" suckers. It is, of course, much easier to take advantage of someone in a direct contact situation (blind email) than to have tenets of your proposals or details of your services reviewed in a public peer-review forum such as this.

I would like to ask you to dispel any concerns that I or others may have about your ambiguous implications to accessing some sort of secreted information that is available only to (apparently) a select cadre. If you are simply a credit-polishing business that is just trying to drum up some business, be up front about it. It is America, and I have no problem with anyone trying to find business...just don't do it in an apparently scurrilous manner.

If I am wrong in my conclusions, please accept my apologies. If you are a legitimate business with a legitimate service to offer, it would be nice if you could offer a bit more information so that others could avail themselves of it. The way you have gone about making yourself known, however, leads to the direct assumtion that you have something to hide, and that you do not want exposure to a public review of your activities, methods, and services.

9. Mo

Mo Guest

Banking Division -more info p

My Dear Banking Division:

The tenor of your two responses in this thread lead to the suspicion that you are attempting some sort of marketing that may be, how shall we say, "not in the best interest" of folks who visit this forum. By doing a "whois" on your domain, I find that the owner of "experian.net" is:

APRE Credit (EXPERIAN5-DOM)
    2525 Main Street #106
    Santa Monica, CA 90405
    US

Of course, your address, as exposed, on this board is an "aol" address, and that is obvious, but perhaps this is due to a lack of savvy.

If your post is deliberately vague and intriguing (the very definition of a "hook" for suckers), then we need to know if you are just another scammer passing through.

IF you have good information that would be well received on this board, please stop being so cryptic. The reason for my reticence is that (a) you are identified as being at the domain "experian.net", and (b)you refer people to a blind email with no indication of credentials, etc.

[Concerning point "a" ] First of all, the www site of "experian.net" is password-protected. I find it NOT credible that you are openly identified with Experian, as that company would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER be a part of a board such as this, and would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER solicit consumer business in this venue in this manner. My concluded opinion is that you may have chosen "experian.net" in a deliberate attempt to mislead those who are susceptible to confusing, duplicitious hooks by hoping for inferences that "experian.net" (APRE Credit) is somehow officially connected to Experian.

[ Concerning point "b"] The blind email with no references, credentials citation, etc. is, again, consistent with those who simply want to "hook" suckers. It is, of course, much easier to take advantage of someone in a direct contact situation (blind email) than to have tenets of your proposals or details of your services reviewed in a public peer-review forum such as this.

I would like to ask you to dispel any concerns that I or others may have about your ambiguous implications to accessing some sort of secreted information that is available only to (apparently) a select cadre. If you are simply a credit-polishing business that is just trying to drum up some business, be up front about it. It is America, and I have no problem with anyone trying to find business...just don't do it in an apparently scurrilous manner.

If I am wrong in my conclusions, please accept my apologies. If you are a legitimate business with a legitimate service to offer, it would be nice if you could offer a bit more information so that others could avail themselves of it. The way you have gone about making yourself known, however, leads to the direct assumtion that you have something to hide, and that you do not want exposure to a public review of your activities, methods, and services.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

This was in a 6 month period. I expected my score to go down because I am trying to get a broader credit history with major cards, gas card and personal loans.I will not be applying for anything else untill late 2001-early 2002. I also hae not been late since 95 where I was late for 3X for only 30 day periods. Other then that I have them 3 lates and no others for my entire credit history(6 years) but I am at high limits and ALLOT of inquries.Hope this answers alot of your questions so you can compare. But I have heard a 606 is not all that bad but is not all that good. What is the lowest and highest some of you have heard of...Ron
    BTW my wife has a 652 and I pay all of the bills and she does not work. We also have diffrent cards.But I got here started by adding a perfect card to her name now she has all perfect and no lates.