Scumbag CA trick?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissap1, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Melissap1

Melissap1 Well-Known Member

I was updating my excel spreadsheet and noticed that CA's were removed from 1 CRA only to report to different CRA. Has this happened to anybody else? Also, one scumbag CA was deleted, but added their info with a name change to CRA again. Can I try reinserted even with a second name since info is all the same? It wasn't transferred because 3rd CRA has always had it listed with the 2nd name change.

TIA

2. Kelfig

Kelfig Member

I read your post and wanted to try helping but I couldn't understand the situation completely, with the name change and which disappeared to reappear under a different name. Could you possibly rephrase what you are asking? THANKS. Name changes are certainly a pain in the butt. Why should it be any creditor's or CRA's bus what your name is or was??? Jerks.

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Had you sent validation?
    Sherman Acquisitions by chance? Favorite trick of theirs. Again, had you started any validation process?
    You can try anything :) Why don't you give us old names and new names...might help.

4. Melissap1

My name didn't change. The CA is Checkrite/Global Payments.

Collection Inc. and Northland Credit Control
    were removed from TU and added to EQ(CSC in my case).

Professional Affiliates deleted from EQ, but now on TU.

ARS deleted from EX but added to TU.

I knew I had deletions, but my total didn't go down. I couldn't understand until I went through each CR and spreadsheet line by line. Sure enough, these weren't originally on these particular CRA's(I looked back a year.)

Jlynn- I haven't done validations yet because I do not have the extra $$$ right now. I need to verify off as many as I can first.

I am just frustrated that I get them removed from one only to have them jump up on another or by a different name.

Thanks for your responses.

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Scumbag CA trick?

I understand that, but validation has nothing to do with $$. Until you start this process, they can bounce around your credit reports at will. You have done nothing to exercise your FDCPA rights by disputing with the CRA.

6. Melissap1

Re: Re: Scumbag CA trick?

jlynn,

I do appreciate your advice, but right now I can't even come up with an extra $5.00 for one CRRR. I have about 30 that need to go out for the first validation, not to mention 2nd and possibly 3rd letters. My husband is a disabled vet just starting back to school. We have 3 children under 3. I am only in the national guard. My going to work would be eaten alive by daycare, plus in this day and time, I don't know when I'll be activated and want to spend every moment with my children that I can. We don't have any CC's, just mortgage and one vehicle. We have cut out everything but neccesities (luckily the VA considers computer and internet neccessary for a student today.) We garden and can. When I say we don't have it, I am not joking.

I'm just doing the best I can with what I have. When my 2 yr old is out of diapers, I'll be able to send some CRRR's.