Sears account = Sherman Acquisition

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Oct 2, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

My wife had 2 sears accounts that were included in a chpt 13 BK of hers back in 1997.

Every so often, we get a letter for these accounts but they pretty much are just wasting their time.

I have a copy of my wifes bureau, Experian to be precise. One was pulled on September 16th and the other we pulled Oct 1st. Both are from MyFico.

Sept 16th Experian score was 572
    Oct 1st experian score is now 502

I looked and found the reason. Sherman Acquisitions has apparently purchased these debts from Sears and has now reported this info again.

Despite my obvious feelings about this scumbag CA, I am gonna send out a validation letter tomorrow.
    This is kinda weird that when 7 years gets close all of sudden someone else buys this crap.

Sherman went ahead and reported in just one month the following (remember, I have a copy of her bureau from 2 weeks prior that shows only Sears)....

It says,

Original Amount: $1,104
    Date opened: June 2003 (BS)
    Date of status: Sept 2003
    Last report on Sept 2003

The other account says,

original amount: $4,501
    date opened: March 2003 (BS)
    Date of status: June 2003
    Last report on Sept 2003

But on this last account they have reported 4 90 days past due from June through now.
    We have not received any letter from these guys.

Her last report says last reported June 2003 and then it says transferred to another company.

Sherman Acquisitions is a pain in the rear.

SnakeMan

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

If it was opened in March, how could it have 4 90 day lates by now?

These guys are so stupid they don't even try to make sense.

Send them a validation and see what happens. Looks like you're racking up violations already.

Anyone with a brain could figure that if an account was opened in March, used, billed in April, due in May, there is no way it could already be 90 days four times. The math just isn't there!!

3. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Exactly, unless they say that they CAN report it that way because the account was owing before they got it.

LOL

I like the sounds of that. What violations?

Other than the validation letter, should I do anything else?

SnakeMan

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Validation is almost always the first step :)