Sears card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, May 24, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I got an invitation to apply for a Sears Gold card at the beginning of this month. I sent it in because Sears has been constantly sending me invitations in the past and I thought it would be good to have this card for the special financing offers and useful coupons. I don't know what's going on but I still haven't received a card (Gold or regular) or a denial yet. I know they pull up my report, but this doesn't take three weeks. I called up customer service and they said it could take up to 4 weeks to get the card. Is this true or am I going to get a rejection soon? I think I have a pretty good score of 731, so does anyone know what's going on here?

2. freeze

freeze Active Member

Mail applications can take from 4 to 6 weeks to be processed. You can get application results instantly on the internet or at the store. **NOTE** The Sears Gold card offer you received is a very limited offer to only select customers so you would not have been able to go into the Sears store and apply.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Just received the card in the mail today with a $900 limit. I wish the limit was a little higher, but at least I got the same card that was on the invitation (Gold). Some companies do bait and switch so I'm glad that this didn't happen to me. How is Sears at giving credit increases after 6 months when you request them?

4. freeze

freeze Active Member

Sears likes to see nine months of good pay history.