Sears CR Line Increse $3400

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

I try to use the sears online service and is down right now so I use their automated service to find out if a cr line increase can be granted a few seconds later it came back saying we are please to inform you that we can increase you credit line to $14,600 wow this is like the biggest increase with them... is $3400 additional.... the apr is still high but they do offer the 9.9% till paid off deal with
    me.... By the way is exactly six months today since the last auto increase....

Thx,

Kev

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

SWEET KEV !!!!!

3. kevinw01

Hello Willgator,

THANK YOU!! I just wish that the apr would be lower though I am at 17.15% with them.....

Hey keep in touch....

Thx,

Kev

4. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Sears CR Line Increse $3400

SURE WILL , BOY RONS BEEN CATCHING IT LATELY....

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

Congradulations for your Sears MC credit limit increase. My Sears MC has been increased to $7800 through the automated system and Sears Card has been increased to $8500. I didn't use it too much on both accounts.I used Sears MC for small purchases monthlyand use Sears Card once a while.

Ron.

6. kevinw01

Hello Ron,

Good to hear from you! Major Congrats on both credit line increases with Sears.... Yeah I was like wow I don't use the card much either but I just finish talking to a rep Thanking them for the credit line increases and the rep told me that they look at the payment history is #1 factor and 2 other creditors as well.... I still feel bad for you about Bank One you don't deserve that kind of treatment you are a nice guy... so anyways please keep in touch... let me know of any news okay.....

Thx,

Kev

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

That's ok. It is their loss and my buisness went to someone else. By the way, it is not all bad news and I got a letter from Fleet Bank and they told me that they will renew my Savings Bond MC and they will sent me a new card at the end of next month. I got approved Lien and things Card for $1300. I wanted business inkjet printer and got approved for $2500 OfficeDepot Card from Citibank. I got 0% interest for six months. I got pre-approval for Chevron Gas Card. It is not that bad news.
    Thanks for your reply and take care.

Ron.

8. ka

ka Member

I thought the online system did a hard-pull when determining if a cl increase was possible.

Can you confirm this either way? I was going to try it a month or so ago but stopped it after reading the fine print.

9. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Congratulations both Kev and Ron.

Kev, is this a Sears store card or their MasterCard?

Have both been bought by Citi? Most times Citi pulls a hard if you apply for an increase but not if it's automatic.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEARS STORE CARD...no increase in years...

I tried ON-LINE all I got was a HARD and NOTHING for it!!!

CARDHOLDER SINCE 1979

11. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I don't think I ever got an increase either, but I never requested one. I don't buy a lot at Sears, mainly tools and now I'll get a refrigerator and dishwasher when they're on sale and 0%.

12. kevinw01

Hello Hedwig,

Thank You very much! Yes I have the Sears Gold Mastercard and I have gotten 3 auto increases in a row from them now without a hard inq at all.... the apr is not the lowest but this is the highest credit line that I have gotten so I am happy about that... each time the credit increase is higher than the previous.... Citi have not finish merging yet with Sears Credit but they have agree to aquire all of Sears Credit Products... the rep I talked to at Sears said that nothing will change it will be the same as now except maybe more additonal services for cardholders....

Thx,

Kev

13. kevinw01

Hello Ron,

Major Congrats on your approval on the store cards! I am glad something good happen for you! please keep in touch and take care...

Thx,

Kev

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

Thanks. I applied for the card because I need the printer for myself. I hope that they will give me that bog of increase for my Sears Mastercard. The rate of my Sears MC is pretty higher something like 18% or 19%.

Ron.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Hedwig,

I request limit increase through phone automated system and they didn't pull hard inquiry from my credit report. I noticed that they pulled soft inquiry from TransUnion every month.

Ron.