Sears Gold MasterCard?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Top, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Top

Top Guest

Hi,

I just got the letter from Sears mentioned that "I have been selected to receive an upgrade to the new Sears GoldMasterCard. Your upgrade is automatic. There is no forms to fill out. However, if you choose to keep your Sears Card, you much call use at the number below"

Anyone got this kind of letter?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I haven't but it was just posted at Motley Fools boards about people receiving this offer. Most were offered a higher limit and a lower rate than the regular Sears card charges. I heard about this last year and they did send offers to several customers last year, I guess they are doing it again. You must get an invite to get the new mastercard from them, so I guess you made the list:)

Mom

Mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sounds like a No-brainer to me and I am jealous.

roni

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Me too

I have a Sears card and got no offer:( By the way have you called Citi yet Roni?? Just curious I am sure you will be happy with results.

Mom

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ONLY IF YOU GET A LETTER?

I only use my SEARS card for special card holders 10% off days, and for 0% for some period of time financing...

6. Brandon

Brandon Guest

The Sears Gold MasterCard is legit and much better for active users of the Sears Card. Lower Interest Rate and the flexability of a MasterCard.

7. jz

jz Guest

I took advantage of this offer this past summer. My interest rate went from 21% to 16.49% (20.30% for cash advances). My limit went from $2520 to $7000.

The timing was good, because two of my other cards were "tied up" with promotional rates (I didn't want to charge anything at regular rates to those cards, because of how my payments would be applied.)

This is a perfect time to ask a question I've wanted to post for sometime: When store cards convert to major credit cards like this, how does this affect credit scores? It would change the "mix" of credit types, correct?

8. Top

Top Guest

Well, Actually I have Sears Cards from the end of 1999 with $2000.00 Credit limit and 2 months ago I called asking to increase the credit limit. Now it's $3700.00. I hardly use the card, as I remember I used only 2 times with small purchases.

Now, they offer Purchase 0.0% until Sep 30,2001, after that 17.99%
    Balance Transfer APR : 9.9% until paid in full on balances transferred.

I know Sears use TU, but I don't know if it's going to effect my credit report. Now, it's shown Revolving Account/Charge Account (not credit card like visa account I have)