Sears Has A Heart...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Sep 16, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

E-MAIL TODAY...
    HOW CAN I HELP?

In the aftermath of our national tragedy, this is the question on
    all of our minds. The Sears family shares in our nation's deep
    sorrow and grave concern. As a national sponsor of the American
    Red Cross, we are committed to assisting affected families,
    volunteers and rescue workers.

You can make a monetary donation to the American Red Cross at any
    Sears store throughout the nation from now until October 11. You..........

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Maybe they should do a little more, like donate a percentage of their sales to the Red Cross.

www.creditsense.com

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They are doing MORE than you know...I didn't want to post the whole letter...

4. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

How about the credit card companies allow us to skip a payment, so we can donate the money that would be going to them to charities?

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but not practical. Maybe let you donate the minimum payment. I make very large payments. I don't think they would allow me to skip a $2100 payment to give to charity.

www.creditsense.com

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I know that most FCNB and WFNB cards allow you to skip your December payment if you want, I don't think it would be asking too much for them to do.

Shawn

7. mkmaximus

mkmaximus Well-Known Member

I already donated, not through Sears though, thanks
    anyways. They can help us also by contacting the CRA's and deleteing inaccuarate items too. Also forgive the debts to any victims that had Sears accounts, knowing Sears they will still want their money if your Alive or not. Have a Heart Sears.

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have only had my Sears card for 3 months. Do you think they will increase my $250.00 credit line so that I can buy a new refrigerator to help stimulate the economy? I doubt it......

9. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Giant Food Stores

Giant is also sponsoring a donation program...the difference is they are matching any donations up to one million dollars.

10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Giant Food Stores

Mike, they may not raise your LOC to stimulate the economy; on the other hand, Sears is famous for raising LOCs to accommodate specific home-improvement purchases. Call Sears customer service at 1-800-917-7700 and tell them what you need to do, including the brand and product number of the item, which store you're planning on buying it, and when you want to make the purchase.

Doc

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can go to the store and say "I will buy this refrigerator CONDITIONAL on I get enough credit limit to buy it"...

12. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Heh, I might just do that.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When you call the 800# for your balance and payment, I know you can press some button if $X,XXX IS NOT ENOUGH...

14. mxe120

mxe120 New Member

Sears will not increase your LOC until the account has been open for at least nine months. You can either apply for a Plus account, which is specifically for larger purchases, or a Sears Gold Mastercard. Both usually have higher credit limits than the regular Sears card.