Sears Increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Aug 9, 2000.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Has anyone here received an automatic credit increase from Sears? My limit is only $250, and when I called last month to see about an increase so I could take advantage of the 6 month no interest offer on a vacuum cleaner (I don't have a balance), I was told that they do not review until the acct is at least 9 months old, which is this month.

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

That is correct, if your account is in good standing they review it every 9 months to a year and they give you an automatic increase, the increases are usually $100 to $250.

Alex.
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. $CM$

$CM$ Guest

Sears is strange, they usually give you a really small limit, or a large one. I know someone who only had a couple cards then got a solicition from sears and the card was approved for $3000.

$CM$

4. Stormie

Stormie Guest

I've known people who's inital creidt limit was over $4000 dollars and I've seen them as low as 300.00 . Thats quite a broad range. But there are alot of factors in determining limits, I believe the use your fico score, or some type of scoring model. Obviously the better the score the higher the limit. They are a hard card to get, and they do have cards with various interest rates.