Sears Pre-Qualified

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by archer, Apr 3, 2001.

1. archer

archer Guest

I just got a letter today from Sears saying I was prequalified for a Sears card credit limit up to $4k. What does this mean? Does this guarantee my approval?

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Do they ask for employment or income information?

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I also got the same letter, but it did not ask for any employment or income information. Is this a real pre-approval?

4. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I got the same but I called them that I don't want because I read the small fine print mentioned that they will close my old Sear card account and pull the credit report which I don't want it to be happened. Is it Gold Sear Master Card?

Aux

5. am

am Guest

We got that same offer..I ignored it (it looked like a real pre-approval tho) then several weeks later, late at night after reading a few too many encouraging posts about getting credit cards, I took the plunge
    That was maybe 3 weeks ago. Sears is already reporting a positive trade line and our limit is $800.00
    :)

6. the other

My sister got one. She has no credit. We added her as an AU on my Blue card to at least create a credit file for her. She's received a few offers, but this was the only one that looked promising. I'm not sure if she applied or not.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Everybody is pre-qualified...UNLESS THEY FIND SOMETHING BAD ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT!!!!

8. the other

This is the only one I've ever seen that didn't ask for income or anything. Just put SSN# and sign.