Sears TL Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 95207Chick, Aug 6, 2003.

1. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

I have a Sears TL as an AU on DHs old acoount that is now only reporting on Experian. I have disputed once so far.
    DH had the account charged off in 2000 and paid to RMA a settlement late last year with RMA agreeing to delete their TL which they did. DH hasn't tried disputing the Sears yet and it shows on all 3 reports.

His mom is willing to add both of us as AU on her stellar Sears account of 25 some years. Will that TL "bump" off the derogatory ones on reporting or will it show up as a second TL?

My instinct would be that it will show up as a second TL but will outweigh the bad one while we work on deleting. Am I right?

I put off working on this stuff for the past 90 days but need to get aggressive again.

2. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

It will show up as a second TL. They'll both have different account numbers, so it'll be pretty clear that they are two seperate accounts.

For what it's worth, I have a Sears account with a few late payments that I've been trying to clean and Sears has been a big pain about it. They verify every time (except for once on Equifax when they let it go from 7 lates to 2). Hopefully you'll have better luck, but prepare yourself for a fight.

Also, unless you need to raise his score immediately for something I would hold off on adding him as an AU on another Sears account. I had two TLs with the same company on my CR and several times when I was trying to dispute information on one of them the CRA would focus my dispute on the wrong TL. I finally got everything worked out, but it was a bit of a headache. It will probably be easier for you to work with just one Sears account on his report.

HTH,
    Brett