Sears

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tom, Sep 6, 2000.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

Sears is offering its cardholders a MasterCard to replace their private-label Sears card.

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Thank you - I thought I saw that Sears MC emblem (logo?) somewhere recently, but don't remember where.

Do you know if all cardholders will be solicited or just certain ones?

3. Tom

Tom Guest

To read full story,please go to stock section (click Quotes),enter stock symbols S (Sears stock symbol),look for news "Sears changing credit cards" on Sep 3,00.

4. JacquiG

Hi Tom,

From where? I went to Yahoo Stock Quotes, and typed S. There is no news for Sears for Sept 3, and no headlines recently about the cards. Thanks...

5. Tom

Tom Guest

JacquiG,are you AOL or compuserve user? I got this from their stock section.Anyway here are some contents from the news "by the end of the yr,the company expests to begin mass mailings to households outside its customer base.......in june,about 5 million cardholders were asked to swich to Mastercards.Some are receiving the cards without asking.About 20 million more customers will get the solicitations in coming weeks.

6. JacquiG

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I've only had my card since December.