Sears

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JD, Apr 1, 2001.

1. JD

JD Guest

I applied on-line for their card (thought 1 more revolving credit card would help) 3/12. The website said instant approval but it didn't. I called and they said it was "declined" not "denied". Apparently they don't like P.O. boxes. Anyway on 3/16 they approved after I faxed, twice, a copy of my phone bill.

Friday evening I still didn't have the card but I had a sales pitch from them for insurance. About an hour later, in the middle of fixing dinner, I had another sales pitch from them, again for insurance. I was angry by then, being in the middle of something, and told them I wasn't interested and didn't appreciate them calling at 8:00 at night. Anyway, I called Sears and they had mailed the card to the wrong address! I gave them the correct address over the phone twice and faxed it in to Sears bank twice! They still couldn't get it right. It's nice to have their card but if the trouble getting it is an indication of their customer service, I don't know.

2. am

am Guest

I just got my Sears account also and it's already reporting. Haven't had it but a couple weeks! Wow, huh?
    What kind of limit did you get?
    You can't beat Sears when it comes to those 12 mos SAC/No Interest appliance sales!
    I think we got around $750.00
    am

3. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

what CRA did sears pull from

4. am

am Guest

I don't know yet---haven't made it to the second round of dispute completely.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Geekpipe,
    Sears pulled credit report from Equifax.

6. anne

anne Guest

Just to prove I am not in Prison, I am e-mailling from home (HA!) Is Sears worth calling and haggling with? I have in the past gotten a decision overturned when I called directly? Has anyone had any luck talking them into a credit card?

7. freeze

freeze Active Member

Sears does not have a problem with PO Boxes but if you have more than one address showing on your credit bureau that is probably where the hold up was. Sears now has strict policies on credit approval and unless the problem is minor why you were declined it probably would not be worth fighting.