Secured AMEX reported???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by A New One, Nov 19, 2000.

1. A New One

A New One Guest

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with getting their Secured Amex card reported on any of the three credit reports. If so, How did you do it?

2. river

river Well-Known Member

I've only had my Amex Optima secure card almost a month now and have read that they do NOT report,but also have read previous post that said that you could call and have it manually done thru credit reporting agencies.Maybe someone who has done this could share some info.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

I have tried WITHOUT sucsess.
    Amex won't budge on this issue, and the C.R.B.'s won't do anything to help you get unreported credit reported.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How old was the account when you tried to have it reported. Was it at least 12 months old. I plan to have them add the old history after 18 months.

roni.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

About 10 months

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

wow, That is a long time. Maybe you should wait for the 12 month or 18 month mark. Did you send a letter to the credit bureau with your credit history and ask them to add the positive trade? Then the credit bureau would then just verify it with amex.

roni

7. Michael

Michael Guest

I did indeed, but got form letters back from the credit bureaus telling me a B.S. reason that no one would pay any attention to the credit if it was done mannualy, so they don't do it!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

such bs. Who is the person that said that they got it manually reported? I can not remember who that was.

9. mil

mil Guest

I send out to all 3 cr and got backa letter sorry we cant add this ........I have amex since nov 1999 never late , limit 500 applied last month and got denied speak with account manager and took him two days to see if he can overide but nop.....I dont understand why amex? they denied my corp card as well........all my bad account are paid off ,