Secured Card Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Hello All!!

I just applied for a Centennial card from this site. I met the prequalifications of an unsecured card, but decided to bite the bullet and apply for a secured card. (FICO 583)
    APR purchases/cash advances: 19.9%
    Annual Fee: $69.00
    Grace period: (I don't understand, but it says:) If you pay previous balance in full on or before the due date shown on your previous statement, you will have a grace period on purchases of 25 days (from the statement closing date to the payment due date) and can avoid Finance Charge on current urchases by aying the statement in full on or before the due date.
    What exactly did I get myself into?

Erica

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I just saw the the Centinniel card is issued though First Premier Bank. Yikes! :-O

Can you get out of it?

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

What's wrong with First Premier?

Erica

4. Michael

Michael Guest

It's not the best bank to go with.

Better off calling FCNB who will give you great service and more bang for your secured buck!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Erica,
    Why don't you apply for Capital One or FCNB secured card? I have both secured card before and they don't mess with you.Right now I have unsecured card with both Capital One and FCNB.

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I applied to CapOne, and was DENIED!!! Just took what looked good. For now, its a start.
    The way I see it, with credit as horrid as mine, i might have to start back in the dregs, but once I prove myself, I can be prime in no time!!

Erica

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Erica,
    I'm sorry to hear that you got denied by Capital One. Have you tried First Consumers National Bank and they are very easy to approve your secured card application. About two years, I had at least 6 charge-off accounts and they approved 150% more of my deposit secured card account. I think you have better chances with them. I fyou have any question,please let me know.