secured cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Jan 10, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

does anyone know who has the best secured card,by that i mean who offers the best ratio to deposit,my credit is good enough to get unsecured cards but i need to with very low limits,but i need to come up with some money fast and since i dont qualify for an unsecured personal loan i figured this might be an answer if i can find a credit card co that offers a 3-1 ratio,if anyone can help i would appreciate it
    rick

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

FCNB

If you say your credit is very good, they will maybe give you the 3 to 1 ratio. At least they say they will. Let me ask you something. If you have no recent negatives, and make a good income, I KNOW Citibank will hook you up with a high limit card. Let me know how you feel about the latter plan and I will direct you to that opportunity.

roni

3. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Rick:

We have 2 recommendations for secured credit cards on our credit card list at:
    http://www.creditinsiders.com/thelist

It may be of help to you.

Regards,
    Alex

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Some folks here (SAM)has a CapOne secured, $500 for $99 deposit.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Both me and my gf got the $99 for $500 limit. Superb customer service, even though they try to sell stuff every time you call (Citibank pulled this sh!t on me today omg, some stupid $69 essentials membership).

I got it, well the first card in the step to credit rebuilding. My credit royally sucked.

I made my gf get it, cause she had Zero credit and was getting denied for store cards.

I got my first increase of $200 on month 2, then month 8, got $200 increase, plus a $300 special use line. Then next month, got the cap 1 gold visa with $500 limit.

The reason why i like them:
    Superb customer support. They even helped me resolve a merchant problem. $39 yearly fee, No bs applcation fee, no monthly fee. 19.8% with 25 day grace period. Excellent online access with unlimited ACH bill payment free.

Reason i don't like them:
    Stingy line increases. Everyone here is talking about their providian going from $250 to $2500 in less than a year :) makes me jealous.

You can't get more than $500 limit at first, for the $99, nor does everyone get the $500 for $99 deal. I do not know the criteria they use.

Hope that helps rick. As with any advice here, YMMV.

6. Marla

Marla Guest

RE: FCNB

Roni,

Please e-mail me with that info on citibank. I'm currently working with some folks that could use this opportunity.

Thanks.

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

FCNB will go up to 5-1, but the max unsecured amount you can get in your first year is $2,500. After that, it's all 1-1.

8. rick

rick Well-Known Member

hi roni i got fcnb to give me 3-1 ratio bit i would like the info on citibank i went to their site and they offer several cards are you speaking of one specific card thanks in advance for your help
    rick

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes, the (now make sure you get this right)

Citibank AAdvantage Card.

Go to www.citi.com

click credit cards

pick the : Citibank World AAvantage Card * this allows the full list of AAvantage cards to come up.

Then pick either the Citibank Aadvantage card or the Citibank Gold AAvantage card.

I later upgraded the reg. card to a platinum and kept my gold. I got both cards in the same night.

Good luck.

roni