secured cards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I've read that Chase or Citibank is a good secured card, however on neither home page do they list a secured card to apply for? Anyone know any other good ones. And where to apply? thanx

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Capital one and FCNB are the best secured cards.

They give you increases without further deposit, and report to the bureau. I know cap 1 reports their secured card as non-secured. I got the $99 for $500, theres also a $49 for $400 and some people get $199 for $200 limit. Based on your credit score.

I went from $500 to $1100 in 9 months, and then get a cap 1 unsecured gold card at 11 months $500 limit, which went to $600 and 24/year fee (normally $4/month).

Also They waived my annual fee on the secured product after the first year.

Chase and citi have superior customer service, but there are some big things that bother me about their product (nonreporting).

3. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

OK i have the FCNB on it's way. Or so I hope that's it. I think it's the same company that owns Speigel? I only started with $100 and they gave me a $200 limit. I figured I had to start somewhere. I am rebuilding and have an old charged off capitol one still on my report, so i doubt i would get it :( thanks for your help though

4. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I agree, Capital One is very good. I had a secured card while my BK7 was on my report. I kept the acct for 3yrs, then while I was bidding on a Priceline ticket about 2yrs ago, there was an offer from Capital One that said they would add $50 to my ticket if I applied for the Capital One Platinum VISA. I applied just to get the bonus money, thinking I'd get a free credit report in the process and denied for the card. That was before they had instant approval...Well...two weeks later I opened my mailbox, and they approved me for a Cap One Platinum VISA with a $5000 limit! Citi is really good too, they don't advertise it, but they also offer an American Airlines AAdvantage Secured card. You can call for an application (800) 743-1332 and they will send one.

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Secured cards from credit unions are usually good...

6. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Too bad Capital one does not report your credit limit to the CRAs.

I would try Providian. They gave me an unsecured card for 1000 dollars with 18 charge-offs 2 years ago. The same goes for ARIA

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think FCNB is pretty good and I had one from them beore. It is easy to qualify. You cannot have any recent deliquent or charge-off accounts in your report.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ron

YOur post to me was deleted and I forgot some of it. Can you tell me again about which gas and retail companies pull which one. I got the mobil one.

roni

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Hurry up Ron

Come on Ron hurry up before that prick pmb deletes this one to.

roni

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I did not write that Ron. This phoney is chasing me around the board. And he says I need to get a life. Whatever. He has even started putting the sig. at the end of his post like I put at the end of my post. If anyone can't tell my post from his, well forget it.
    I got the mobil advise and I guess I will just go with that. I wonder if this is the same guy who ran Dan off qualitycreditrepair?

roni

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I might have wrote this Ron. I am so confused. I have been taking this medication that was given to me after my father killed himself. I just don't know anymore.

roni

12. mvfl

mvfl Guest

This psycho who is impersonating Roni has gone TOO FAR. Listen, you loser: what goes around comes around. You better watch out!

The PBM has your IP and has ways of tracking you that you don't even know about. All the threats and harrassment are going to come back to haunt you.

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey scumbag`

It's one thing to insult and play games with someone. That comment about about roni's father was just completely unnecessary. Why don't you quit acting like such a sissy? Grow up dip$%^#@. And mvfl is right - what goes around comes around - LOSER.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Hey scumbag`

Again, Mobil, Exxon Gas, Disney Card or Monogram Bank they pulled credit from Experian.
    Best Buy, CompUSA, pull credit from Experian.
    Radio Shack or anything from Associates from Equifax.
    Target, Mervyns pull credit from Equifax.
    It may be different they pulled from different credit bureaus depends where you live. Hope that helps.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks again ron

Thanks I applied online last night for the mobil. I got the 'will let you know in 7-10 days'. That is probably a denial.

Yes, this really helps.

roni

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: thanks again ron

I don't know they usually easy to approve. Back about three years, I had a few charge-off accounts in all 3 major credit bureaus reports. They approve me $200 and I was happy. I think JC Penney is easy to approve credit and they approved me when I had a bad credit.