Secured Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Secured, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Secured

Secured Guest

Hello, I am recovering from a chapter 7, I need to know of secured credit card companies, I have a cap1, and sterling, please let me know of others,

FYI, I discharged Orchard, FCNB, and DMB in my BK, so they are not an option, I am interested in a major bank, (citi is also not an option, they got bk'd too)

Anyone know of any big banks, like Chase, BofA, Wells Fargo..etc offer secured??

Please let me know of a GOOD bank to get a good secured card with.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

<www.bayhouse.com>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

That's the option you have is Capital One secured card. I don't know BofA,chase and Citibank will give secured card since you had Bk. Major Bank are very picky to select customers as their secured customers.I had a bronchure for Bank Of America and their requirements are:\
    1.are at least 18 years old, 2.have U.S. address, 3.have a Social Security number 3.don not have any deliquent obligations at the present time, 4.have paid your previous Bank Of America, 5.have never filed for bankruptcy, and 6.will open a Bank Of America savings with at least $300.

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo vs. BofA secured

I thought either Wells Fargo or Bank of America was willing to give you a secured card a year after discharge, but I can't remember which.

Wells Fargo info:
    http://www.wellsfargo.com/per/credit_cards/products/secured.jhtml

I can't find the web page for the BofA secured, but I swear they had one. Also, I think BofA might require you to live in a state with BofA branches.