secured optima-check cleared

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Oct 17, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

My check cleared yesterday for my secured amex optima card. I am more excited about this card than "other" cards I have just been approved for. I'll let you know when I actually recieve the card. I hope it is before Nov. 3rd, I am meeting my mom in Vegas and if I have to use a card while I'm there,I don't want to pull out my crappy green Capital One card. The same secured card I will have had for 2 years in Dec. with a $300 limit. I was worried about this because I read that someone had their check sent back uncashed. Thanks for all the help.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: secured optima-check clear

Go Molly. Go Molly. Go.

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

do it home girl

4. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Congratulations!!!! I'm thinking of getting one also in hopes of getting a regular Amex at some point in the future. Do you know the APR they pay on deposits?

5. Mokenstef

Mokenstef Guest

Does Amex still offer this card. i went to their website, and it was no longer there. i called AMEX twice for an app, never received. I called a third time, and was told it was no longer available. If it is PLEASE tell me how you applied. I would really like to get one.

6. Kirk

Kirk Guest

http://home1.americanexpress.com/apply/optima/deposit/docs/page1b0.asp?Entry=20

7. Mokenstef

Mokenstef Guest

Thanx Kirk!!

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I think it is 3% and my check just cleared on 10/16/00.

9. Jo

Jo Guest

I got 2% about a year ago and was paid 2% when I closed it about 6 or 7 months ago.

10. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Jo, did they open an unsecured account for you and if so how long did you have the card and did you have to ask for it or did they offer?

11. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Congratulations Molly!!!! I sent my application in yesterday. I sent it in with a post office money order. I think I read somewhere that it clears faster and you get your card quicker. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the card?