Secured Optima

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dario, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Dario

Dario Guest

Okay I know everyone is starting to get tired of hearing about AMEX and the damn Secured card. But I have to post this so that you all dont waste your time like i did. Well I called AMEX a while back to see if they had a secured card they told me no. After asking if they were sure the guy told me that if you still have an application they will honor it. So I went to the website for the SECURED OPTIMA CARD and printed an application (please note this was in fact on AMEX's web page not some other company). I filled it out and mailed it in. Today I got a letter saying that they no longer offer that card and they returned my check. You know I think AMEX has a good grasp on the banking business and they do a good job, but when it comes to passing information along to its employees they are clueless. Anyway sorry for rambling on and on. and sorry about all the typos.

D.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

Thanks... this is information is helpful.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

Dario, I read in another post that the card was just re intruduced on the First of December.

Since today is the 5th and 2 days were weekends I wonder if Amex Got the Green Light after your money was in the mail?

We should check with Centurian Bank, and the Executive Offices as to what's true.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Say, whats the big deal with the secured optima? Doesn't seem like it offers that hot of a deal? 150% deposit?

Just curious, is it all prestige, or do they really offer something good?

From my understanding, to get the card unsecured you have to wait years, or have your bad credit "gone" before getting a real product from them?

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Sam
    The link below will lead you to a thread of postings that tells why I want this card so badly. When I posted this in 09/00, I didn't apply. I waited and then they stopped offering the card! I was disppointed. Now I am determined not miss out.

http://board.creditnet.com/read.php3?num=1&id=13757&loc=0&thread=13757

6. river

river Well-Known Member

I was confused like others when i comes to the secure Optima also. The confusion comes in when the rep says that they have a new secure blue. The reps are actually referring to the secure Optima,but are calling it:secure blue(Optima) not the blue card.I was told yesterday that it was being re-introduced Dec.1st,2000. She said that actually it was revised back in July of this year. I have the secure Optima and called directly to the Centurion Bank,secure card dept. Hope this helps with the confusion between a secure blue card and the secure blue Optima card.

7. river

river Well-Known Member

I was confused like others when i comes to the secure Optima also. The confusion comes in when the rep says that they have a new secure blue. The reps are actually referring to the secure Optima,but are calling it:secure blue(Optima) not the blue card.I was told yesterday that it was being re-introduced Dec.1st,2000. She said that actually it was revised back in July of this year. I have the secure Optima and called directly to the Centurion Bank,secure card dept. Hope this helps with the confusion between a secure blue card and the secure blue Optima card.

8. river

river Well-Known Member

9. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: OOPS!!!!SORRY FOR DUPLICAT

Machine malfunction!!! finger left to long on key!!!