Security First Network Bank/Ch

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Nov 8, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Is this bank good about opening up accounts?

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Security First Network Ban

Niecy,

According to

http://chexsystemsbites.tripod.com/goodbanks.html#onlinebanks

they use Equifax rather than ChexSystems.

Two years ago, I attempted to open a checking account there and was unsuccessful. (My S.O. opened a joint account for us instead). I was also unable to open a personal savings account. I haven't tried to open an account since I began cleaning up my credit. I will tell you that I have been very pleased with their customer service. They are also quite convenient for me as they are located here in Atlanta.

Cheers,
    Cindy

3. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: Security First Network Ban

You might want to try Compubank. I was recently approved for an account with them with a paid, two-year old ChexSystem entry from Fleet Bank. Fleet closed my account immediately, without informing me while I was in China, and when I got back, what a mess my accounts were in, because of the bounced checks (2) and the overdraft fees. I opened a student account with another bank, and just a few months ago, Fleet purchased my old bank. Now, I am back at Fleet. What luck, huh? Hang in there everyone, because with all the bank consolidation and mergers going on, there will only be a handful of dominant players in the "brick and mortar" world of banking. TommyC