Seeking Brilliant Minds to Shed Light on Challenging AutoLoan Problem!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by wovenwoods, Mar 4, 2010.

1. wovenwoods

wovenwoods New Member

I have some challenging questions -- I hope you can help me:

After divorce, life was turned upside down. We moved a few times. We defaulted on the auto loan in 2005. Delusional and unwell, I continued to drive the car.

Last week, car accident. Rear ended by drunk driver.

If the car is deemed totaled -- insurance would have to pay the lien holder. Would this payment restart statute of limitations of the debt?

I assume there was a cancellation of debt bc when I called the lender and they could not locate the account number.

I do need to ask another banker to investigate further. Should I be careful not to make any damaging admissions?

Is the lien on the car still in tact if the lender has canceled the debt?

Can you shed any light? On my feet again, at last, and wish to make right. I would like to learn, before moving forward.

THANK YOU.

2. Creditnet

Creditnet Administrator

Welcome wovenwoods. Please try re-posting in the main forum and you will likely get a much better response.

3. billbauer

billbauer Well-Known Member

They might pay the lien holder and they might not. I've had two accidents in a financed car since 2007 and in both cases they paid me and not the lien holder. So maybe they will pay you and maybe they will pay the lien holder and they may pay both of you. Never can tell about that.
    Yes, still intact.