Seeking UNSECURED easy to get

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Subprime, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Subprime

Subprime Guest

Hi

If you were to apply for 10 Credit Cards... Easy to get... Easy to Qualify... that "may" be secured but report unsecured... Please list the order in which to apply. Thanks!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: Seeking UNSECURED easy to

Don't know that I'd list 10, but how about four?

1. Providian
    2. Capital One
    3. Household Bank
    4. NextCard

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Seeking UNSECURED easy to

The more cards you have, the harder it is to apply for credit...
    If your trying to apply for 10 cards in one week, you could get two to four...all the others would probably be denied.

3 max. inquires per 6 months...more than that RED FLAG...

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

DaveL, i have to disagree

I have to disagree with the household and nextcard part.

I had difficulty getting both of those cards.

I started with

1) first premier (i know they suck)
    2) orchard (issued by household but easier)
    3) providian
    4) capital one

recommendation: you need to build credit with a few and then apply for more credit when you have some references.

After establishing a 1 year payment record with the above and secured cards I was able to get

5) Citibank Advantage(silver)
    6) Chase

These are the cards I rebuilt my credit with.

roni

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: NextCard

Let me just point out something I've noticed. In the 11 months since I was declined by NextCard, they have instituted a whole lineup of other cards, with at least two unsecured subprime cards plus a secured card. If I didn't have too many accounts already, I would definitely consider Next Card. My hope would be to get one of the cards with a high interest rate but no annual fee.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Nextcard declined me for all of their product line until i had reached 12 months with capitalone, then they offered me a nextcard. I actually told them to screw off when they called yesterday. The nerve to ask for 4 different proof of identification.

Oh well. Their loss. I just wanted another unsecured tradeline..

7. Michael

Michael Guest

In my opinion these secured cards are the best.

1. F.C.N.B. (gives an extra credit above your deposit)
    2. United National Bank
    3. Chase
    4. B of A
    5. American Pacific Bank

And by the way "Secured" on your credit report does not effect your report or score so don't bug out because of it!

8. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

reports unsecured

I'm assuming you mean a card that doesn't report as secured. Cards don't really report unsecured. There are secured cards, however, that don't tell the credit bureaus about the secured part of the deal. FCNB is one. It's easy to get, and for a subprime card, the company seems very overboard and professional in its dealings with customers.

9. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Michael, the whys?

Your list of the best secured cards intrigued me. Just wondering the reasons behind your rankings.

I interested in your No. 2 (United National Bank). I thought it doesn't offer a grace period, which is a big minus in my book. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, I'd be interested in considering United National.

I'm pretty sure Chase is strict, even with its secured card; the secured appears to be more a card for those building than rebuilding. I'm almost positive you can't get a Chase secured if you've been through a bankruptcy. And I'm not sure if it reports to the bureaus right away.

I'm interested in BofA because one of my long-term goals is an REI Visa, which is a BofA partner card. But the BofA web site no longer lists a secured card. About six months ago, it did.

I've heard good things about American Pacific, but I don't know much about this bank.

10. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Re: Michael, the whys?

You cannot go wrong with Providian or Aria. Providian Classic is better actually. I had 18 charge-offs when I applied for a Providian Classic 2 years ago (unsecured). My credit limit went from 500 to 6k. After a few payments you can call their retention dept to have your apr lowered from 23.99 to 16.9. You can probably get a grace period. They increase your credit all the time for a fee, which can be waived. In my opinion it is the best way to obtain a good tradeline. They also report to all 3 CRAs monthly.

Capital one does not report your credit limit to the CRAs. They hardly give you increases, 200 or 300 every 6 months whereas you can get 1k with providian every 3-4 months.

11. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

N'awlins,

I wonder if I can get an Aria with a score of 579?

12. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Re: N'awlins,

I had an account with American Pacific Bank for a year. Then it was sold to Orchard. I had no problems with APB.

13. Michael

Michael Guest

TO SHY GUY

I'm not sure on the grace period (United Nat.) but I beleive it does have one.

I find that all the banks I listed offer good Customer Service to my clients when setting up the accounts, and usually report quite timely.

B of A reports within 2-3 Months United and Chase take 3-4 months and once 5 months. Also BofA has no annual fee!
    Applications are at the branches.

14. Subprime

Subprime Guest

Re: TO SHY GUY

Thanks

Can someone send me links for FCNB BANK
    UNITED NATIONAL BANK
    and AMERICAN PACIFIC BANK
    THanks