Semi Update on Round 1 2/3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jul 22, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I am working with Bradley Ross on my credit restoration. I know there have been several here that are interested in updates regarding those using other sources rather than Junum or Lexington.

In round one with TU:

6 items disputed and 2 deletions

Experian:

8 disputes with 4 deletions

Equifax (this is where my 2/3 comes in):

Disputes sent on 5/31, letter received from EQ on 7/13, but dated 6/26 wanting me to verify identity and new address. This I was told was an obvious stall tactic as one of BR's other clients also received this letter and they have been at the same address for over 10 years. EQ wants the disputes resubmitted with proof of identity and new address. So it looks like this one will take at least another month.

Yesterday, I received a letter from TU regarding the fact they have received the disputes for what will be round two. Along with that letter I received one of those "if you are using a credit repair company and feel you are either being overcharged or not receiving the services you paid for" and a form to fill out and return to them. What a bunch of c*** on TU's part. If the CRA's were accurate and do their job, then we would not need to do what we have to do to dispute!

Round two for Experian should be going out next week.

Because EQ is being such a pain, I will probably receive round one from them the same time I receive round two from everyone else.

All in all been happy with BR. I have received responses from e-mails either the same day or within 24 hours. I can call them if need be, but they don't have an 800 number and the e-mail correspondence has worked out just fine.

2. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

That is so funny. I got the same notices as well...

if you are using a credit repair company and feel you are either being overcharged or not receiving the services you paid for" and a form to fill out and return to them.

It may be a scare tactic or it may be SOP. I don't know

John

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ahh, it's nothing..most of us have them and twasn't anything..

twasn't?

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Those notices just go on my "ignore" list. I will, however. send it to BR. They usually get a good laugh off of these things.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

See, Twasn't I right?

OK, I'm stalling, I need to work on grad school and I'm doing this.

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Those schmuks at Equifax ignored the first 3 dispute letters Junum sent. Finally had to send the 4th cerified mail and then they admitted receiving it. They are next on the list for the proof of how they verified info, prior to a lawsuit. I cancelled junum last week, and am still waiting on experian updates thru Lex.