Sending Certified/Return Receipt

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hal, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been posted as I have been away from the board for about a month.

I have seen previously that many people send correspondence to CRA, Collection Agencies, Creditors etc Certified Mail with return receipt.

I use USPS Bill pay and on the USPS site http://www.usps.com, I discovered that you can now create a letter, and upload it and it will be printed by the postal service, and mailed certified mail. The fee is reasonable IMHO as I hate lines at the post office.

Just thought this would be useful to some.

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Hal,

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure that any additional cost would be offset by the time you spend at the Post Office plus the gas your burn driving there and back.

I'll check it out latter today. Thanks again.

Manny

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I've used it twice for dealing with illegitmate collection agencies and it's a breeze.

It wipes out my tendency to procrastinate because I don't have to hunt for stamps, a blank envelope, then drive to the post office and stand in line.

Each time when I was done, I simply printed out a copy of the letter for my records. When I received the "green tag" receipt days later, I stapled it to my copy of the letter and filed it. All without leaving home.

I paid $5.20 for certified and return receipt requested.

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Actually both the .com and .gov extensions will take you to the same website.

6. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Hal,

I'll burn that up in gas just fighting the Miami traffic. Thanks again for the info!

Manny

7. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Excellent ... the basic bill pay system is free for a six month trial period, a great way to get acquainted.

$5.20 to send letter and get documentation from the comfort of home is the deal of the day.

Thanks, Dean