Sending Off Chase Secured Appl

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. after much thought I have finally decided to dump my Washington Mutual secured card through the Associates of Delaware. I was not impressed by this card and after 5 months, they HAVE NOT reported ANYTHING other than an inquiry on my credit reports. Everytime I call to see what the terms are to be eligable for unsecure status, no one can tell anything. Besides, it's bad enough that I'm rebuilding my credit...I don't want a bunch of sub prime cards in my wallet! I guess I live in an area were people look at you funny because they've never heard of First National or The Future Card. Then when they see "Visa Classic" at the top of one of your cards, they automatically assume that you have poor credit. That is why I don't even carry my Providian Visa Gold in my wallet anymore. I use it for internet purchases only. So, here's what I will have to build my credit back:

Aquired before credit problems:
    Macy's
    Bloomingdales
    Citibank Clasic Visa
    First USA Platinum (closed by consumer but making payments still)

Aquired after credit problems to build:
    Providian Visa Gold ($1k)
    Am/Ex Gold (AU)
    Am/Ex Secured Optima ($200 but not reporting)
    Chevron Credit Builder($300)
    Chase Classic Secured ($300 just sent off app. and will send in more $ gradually to bump up to $5k).
    Fireside Auto Loan ($21k)

Cards to dump:
    Washington Mutual Secured ($300 will apply deposit to Chase)

All accounts are in perfect standing. So what do you guys think? Anyone have any other suggestions?

2. mt

mt Guest

RE: Sending Off Chase Secured

Hi, I'm not an expert, but it sounds as if Chase would report the information, and that should be better for you. Can I ask, what is the Chevron credit builder? Thanks and good luck.

3. Cadillac408

Hi,

Chevron in a gas station. I don't know if there is one in your area but if you are denied a regular gas card (due to some blemishes on your report) they will offer you the credit builders program. The card looks the same as the regular card. Only difference is that your limit will be lower, you have to pay an annual fee of $35, and the minimum payment is higher. You have to apply for the regular card first. It reports to all 3 (I think? I know they report to Equifax and TU for sure). My limit is $300 which is plenty for me. I'm happy mainly because I work in an area were the only gas station around in Chevron. I'm using the card strictly for credit building purposes. I use it about 1 or 2 times a month. The rest of the time I go to Costco for gas in my 2 cars.

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

RE: CHEVRON CREDIT BUILDERS

For the Chevron credit builders card, your score must be at least XXX (I don't exact #). I applied for it in Aug. 2000 and was DENIED for both cards (reg. chevron and credit builders) because my score was too low. That is funny to me because they checked Trans Union which Citibank also check two months later (nothing had changed) and I was approved for $2,000. Just so you guys know, you can be denied for the credit builders :)

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I think that's a good move.

6. Cadillac408

Forgot to mention that you can be denied for the credit builders....sorry. You are right Molly. I can't understand how I was approved though? My credit was FINISHED when I applied. I still have my letter also...o.k. I just pulled the letter out and now I see why I was approved. They used Equifax which was my strongest report seeing that my judgment wasn't on there. The reasons why I was denied for the regular card were:

Past Or present delinquent credit obligations and/or legal action

Suits, liens, collections, foreclosure or attachment

The first paragraph of the letter goes something like this: We were unable to approve your recent application for the standard Chevron Credit Card, but we value you as a customer, and would like to make you an alternative credit offer...blah blah blah. Then to call 1-877-854-9093 w/in 15 days of the letter if I wanted to accept. They state that your initial credit line can be up to $300. I must not of been that bad off if I got the max limit under the credit builders program. Or is that just my wishful thinking? <snicker>

7. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I'm not good at credit cards information.
    But I do have a feeling about chase secured
    cards and many other big banks secured cards.
    Previously,I heard some folks in here mention
    big name issuing secure cards reported secured on their credit reports.In fact,I
    notice BofA and Well Fargo reported as secured.
    Regarding Chevron card,My neighbor just approved for the regular chevron card with
    $600 credit limits.The facts is he had horrible credits and still got approved.
    Don't understand the credit industry tactics
    anymore.Very confusing.
    Regards,

Herman

8. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I was talking about my neighbor approved for
    the Chevron card (not the builders)$600 limits.Also,he was approved for Providian
    classic Visa card.Unfortunately his credit
    limit is $100 with $39 annual fee.Strange
    isn't it. He got the Chevron card last week.
    Providian came in the mail today.

9. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it was Experian for me. Now that I look at it Chevron pulled my report on 9/18 and Citibank pulled it on 10/12. My reason was:
    Your application was processed by a credit scoring system that assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider in evaluating an application. These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of repayment histories of large numbers of customers.

The information in your application did not score a sufficient number of points for approval of the application. The reasons why you did not score well compared with other applications were:
    This decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained from Experian.

OK, whatever that means. This is a sore spot, can you tell (lol).

10. Cadillac408

Providian Visa Classic w/ $100 limit? Are you serious? That is ludicrous!!!!!

11. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry,I seen the mail with his credit
    limit in it with my own eyes.However,the mail
    did mention about the line of credit may be
    raised to a higher limits if possible deposit
    has been submitted in the future.Frankly speaking,Who in hell need a $100 limit?He
    already had a Capital One with $200.Target
    with$300,Fingerhut $400,but then it's all
    max out except for Chevron that acquired
    recently.He had his Fingerhut acct three yrs
    ago.This is the only tradeline that has been
    reported two or three time of lated payment
    on his reports.

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Providian Visa Classic w/ $100 limit? Are you serious? That is ludicrous!!!!!

12. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

RE: oops!

He also had a $64,000 child support past due
    collection in his report with all three CRA's.

13. mt

mt Guest

I would have a difficult time sharing that information with someone, outside of a semi-anonymous message board. That is a very low limit... but if the person is rebuilding her/his credit it may be an appropriate exercise.

14. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I was shock at first seeing the $100 limits.
    But I agree with you that he is rebuilding
    his credit.We all at creditnet trying to
    discuss credit matter and asking decented peoples for help.Any information created will
    be very helpful.There is many senior members
    in this board that given me solid facts and
    times for me to focus on what card I applied.
    For example,A person in this board recently
    told us about Providian Financial tatics.
    He said that Providian constantly mail and
    contact him at home to applied the Visa Gold
    card. He trashed $300 limit many time,$500
    many time,until Providian offer $3000 limits
    then he applied and was approved.I was in
    subprime hell until I read Steven Z, Credit
    Ranger,J Edgar,Doris K,Barry N,and dozens
    other good folks that contributed precious informations and materials that allow me to
    think clearly before I applied for any cards.This board can help anybody with bad
    credits. Just do a search and you may finds
    unlimited information regarding to your credits rebuilding.
    Peace,

Herman