Settlement Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I posted this before, but got no responses so I decided to post again:

On my credit reports (all 3 for the most part), these are the outstanding, unpaid debts I have:
    Risk Management (Ameritech) $637
    First Premier (charge off) approx $365
    First Consumers (join with my ex who was
    supposed to pay the bill) $91
    Airtouch Cel (which WAS $150 and I settled
    for 60%, but it's still showing I owe) $42
    CollectTech (Brinks) $145
    Bariatric (medical bill) $135

Right now I'm using Junum and hope that all these will disappear. But from what I've read, they can come back (via being sold, etc). So is what you guys are saying is that I should settle these? Even if Junum manages to remove them? And if so, how do I go about doing that without it reappearing?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You need to negotiate IN WRITING payment in exchange for removal off your credit bureau reports for the debt.

The thing about the "junum" and self removal of items by credit bureaus, is yes, they can be relisted one day after they come off your report, because even though the credit bureaus are forced to remove an item as "unverifiable", once the creditor reports the debt again, it is hence verifiable.

3. JP

JP Guest

While I don't know your entire financial situation and how old these accounts are, I would say wait to see what Junum does. If they are unsuccessful in getting some removed your next move may be to offer full payment to the creditor in return for removal, make sure to get it in writing.

The total here is around $1500, so you have alot to gain and a little to spend.

Regards,
    JP

4. Claudio

Claudio Guest

How old are these accounts? If the statute of limitations (SOL) has experied, you shouldn't pay anything at all. Check to see SOL information regarding your state on:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLimitations.shtml

Let me know if this applies to you. Good luck!

5. Claudio

Claudio Guest

I meant:

If SOL is EXPIRED!!!!!

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I incurred the debt in Michigan but I currently live in NC, does that matter?

7. Claudio

Claudio Guest

you should go by the state with the longest SOL