settlement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by redline, Jun 18, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Re: law school

Where do you go to law school?

I know Florida does an exhaustive background check on bar applicants, so whatever state you are in, you might want to clean up your credit now, before going through that process. It could hold up your admission to the bar.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom for the advice,

That is exactly what I am doing, I plan on sending in my background check application within a couple months and I am in Florida. It takes up to 6 to 8 months, but I will be ready for it.

I am having some surprising success lately with the CRA and I am a month away from having it really cleaned up.

One warning to others if you ever want to practice law in Florida, you better had not file BK. I have been told that alone is cause for denial.

I just want my license, my AMEX and MBNA and Wachovia cards and I am a happy girl :)

Cyprigirl :)

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Oh, man! They keep tabs on us registered nurses as far as criminal activity (no arrests, felonies. etc allowed), but not our credit histories. The hospitals however, do check our credit reports before employment.

4. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Hey Nursie, I'm going to school for to be a RN. Do they really check your credit for employment? WHY??

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I would think that hospitals check your credit for employment on the basis of: You owe alot of money. You have access to drugs at a hospital. We all know how fast drugs make money. In no time, you can be out of debt.

Make sense? Those are just my thoughts, I am not a nurse nor do I work in a hospital.

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Erica I love that quote from G.W. :)

He is my kind of Prez. LOL, LOL. LOL.......

Cyprigirl :)

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thank you! I thought it was really funny, so I put it in there!

hehehehhee

8. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

jfpruitt, I haven't figured that one out. My credit has nothing to do with my abilities as a nurse. Plus, with the nursing shortage I can't imagine them turning someone away because of credit. I 'passed' their scrutiny, though, & at the time my credit reports were just awful (now they're mildly awful). I really did sweat it, tho. I did just move over to a county hospital, & they didn't check.
    Where are you going to school? My hat's off to you. It's a tough road, but well worth it!!!

9. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

I'm attending a local college here in KY. I'm excited about going. I think i'm going to eventually try and get a MSN in NP. Thats the goal at least...