Settling/vacating Judgement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MOVINGONUP, Aug 6, 2003.

1. MOVINGONUP

MOVINGONUP Well-Known Member

I want to settle this judgement but I want the other party to request to have it vacated upon settling. Is that possible???/

2. tulipchic

tulipchic Well-Known Member

Yes

3. MOVINGONUP

MOVINGONUP Well-Known Member

How would you go about it?????

4. Plysaker

Plysaker Well-Known Member

Bump

5. Plysaker

<bump>

6. jenz

jenz Well-Known Member

put it as a contingency in the settlement offer. if they don't want to vacate it, what is the point in settling because it will still be hurting your credit.

can i ask why you want them to vacate it?

7. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I am just guessing here but I would say because he does not want to have the judgment on his report anymore?????????????

I actually will try this if it can be done. I would be willing to settle with the people who have a judgment against me in exchange for the removal of the judgment TL.

Hmmm good stuff.

SnakeMan

8. jenz

jenz Well-Known Member

my point was that he can petition the court himself after the judgment is paid/settled. the oc/ca doesn't have to do it. i just had a judgment removed that i petitioned the court for. didn't cost me a dime, but i can't say for the area this person is in. call your county courthouse and ask.

9. Plysaker

snakeman,

how are you going to go about, the attempt to settle?

10. Plysaker

le bumparoonie

11. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

When I can afford it....I will call up each "plaintiff" and tell them that I think I am ready to try to pay this debt off but do not have it all.

I will let this person know that I am calling now because this is my last ditch effort before being forced to file BK because of all the judgments I have.

I will offer a settlement contingent upon the fact that they file a satisfaction of judgment with the court house.

I then will request the court to vacate the judgment which is exactly what one of the courts in my area said they would/could do.

SnakeMan