SEX FOR GOOD CREDIT?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Calvin, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Calvin

Calvin Guest

Now that I have your attention, why not answer the following questions in this poll that I believe is very important to us all:

1. With or without your name, would everyone mind sharing how it is they got into credit hell?

2. Once you are clean and hitting 700+, what is it that you plan to do with your credit and how will you keep from returning to credit hell?

3. If you are one of many, why do you wish to obtain so much credit that if you were to charge it all up, you could NOT afford to pay it off?

4. Do you agree that having too much credit, spending too much credit and not being responsible are the main reasons for finding yourself in credit hell?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

DELETE

I have a need to rebuild credit to get better interest rates so that I can afford the finer things in life. I work hard and make good money. Mistakes and mishaps have accounted for my past credit problems.

I pay all bills ontime. Unless I have a serious illness, I dont plan on having anymore credit problems.

Question for you Calvin? How do you plan to keep out of credit problems? Do you have a secret answer or are you just PERFECT?

roni

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: DELETE

1. With or without your name, would everyone mind sharing how it is they got into credit hell?
    I was a full time student, working full time, lost my job.
    Turned 21, spent bill money in the bar.

2. Once you are clean and hitting 700+, what is it that you plan to do with your credit and how will you keep from returning to credit hell?
    I plan to keep it good, learned from any and all mistakes.

3. If you are one of many, why do you wish to obtain so much credit that if you were to charge it all up, you could NOT afford to pay it off?
    I am not one of many, I have learned a valuable lesson, that there is too much credit in the world for me or anyone like me.

4. Do you agree that having too much credit, spending too much credit and not being responsible are the main reasons for finding yourself in credit hell?
    Yes and no.

Also, the reason that I'm on this board is that my last car loan was at 23% interest. I ended up paying almost $8,000 on a piece of crap car that was only $3,995 (window sticker)
    Yes subprime hell sucks, but i more or less put myself there, so now I'm dealing with it, and cleaning it up.

Erica

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I hear you erica.

Since being at this board, I have evolved from providian and cap1 to Citibank , Chase and Now my new GM card with 2.9% transfer balances.

I have a new car refinance at 7% instead of 13.9% which saves me $7K.

I also have a chance at buying a home and stop paying rent. Great tax break and a better life.

There are some serious "player-hater" out here. I dont care though. We are all just doing our thing. The smart thing.

roni

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: I hear you erica.

hehehe Roni....you are so right about the "player-haters". Don't hate the player...hate the game! And believe me, I hate the CRAs game!

6. Calvin

Calvin Guest

RELAX

Roni: Relax! No need to get started on something less than zero. Unless of course you think this is some kind of attack on someone like yourself? I asked a real question and if you don't want to play along than skip it.

As for myself I'm a perfect Calvin and not comparing myself to anyone else. I'm 24 years old, and NOW have near perfect credit. I got MYSELF into trouble with credit cards at the age of 18 and had a few charge-offs because dating was costing me more than I was making. I now have zero debt and that's only because I make a lot more money working for myself than I did working for others. I plan to stay out of credit hell by not spending more than I can afford to pay off each month. Credit cards are a way to spend your OWN money with ease and not a loan vehicle. More so I've learned that if there's no ROI, then I don't need to rack up debt. Hey Roni you don't think it's just a bit odd to hear someone on this board or anywhere, say they just got 20k in credit from the ABC credit card and they have an income of 30k a year? Hmmm....histroy does repeat itself and I've seen it happen with people I've helped myself.

7. Typical

Typical Guest

I hear you

Found out Liqour store took card's...then discovered cash advances......... cash went to my dealer!

Party down!Max out,default again then use Lizardking advice to start over.(america is GREAT!!)

Max out,default again then use Lizardking advice to start over.(america is GREAT!!)

This is america buddy!Love it or leave it!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Re: I hear you

cathouse and topless bar accepted credit card payments.

limit visits and amount spent but......use LIZARDKING advice if I ever default again!I have gotten numerous accurate negatives deleted!This guy is GREAT!!

I can max out my credit,not pay it back just avoid creditors a couple years then start over.Why shouldn't I?If you are one of the naysayer's I believe you are just jealous that me and Lizardking(among many others) have beaten the system and enjoy free money!

NO!!

9. Antonio

Antonio Guest

lost my job

buy credit protection

If I have a problem I can use the advice I have found here and burn the system for mucho dinero and have no consequences(LIZARDKING FOR EL PRESINDENTE')

Yes,but so what?

10. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Never been in credit hell, I am in credit heaven I control close to $300,000 in personal and business credit.

Don't care if I hit 400+ as long as I can hit the long ball. I plan to stay in credit heaven for all eternity.

I have built a business with my credit. Love what you do and it will pay off. CreditWorks for me.

Obviously NOT!

http://www.creditsense.com

11. ????

???? Guest

Does Lizardking have a book?
    How much $ ?
    where can I get a copy?

12. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I offered to hire him if he would come to Texas, but he refused!! Bummer :(

Christi

13. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

TO RONI!-Answer This

Roni,
    You posted that you wanted to get better interest rates, and that is why you reparied your credit? Then you said that you did this so that you can afford the "finer things in life"

My ultimate question is: if you now have such a "perfect" credit rating... and you can afford the "finer things in life" WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ON THE COMPUTER???

I come on this board once a day, usually at night. I just started using this board 3 days ago. EVERY NIGHT THAT I COME ON HERE TO READ THE POSTS FOR THE DAY, YOU ARE RESPONDING TO SOMEONE EVERY HOUR!

If you make good money when do you work?

If you now can afford the finer things in life, when do you leave your house to aquire those things?

I was just curious. --- I dont think that you should be putting other people down if your situations NOT all that!

Thanks,
    PSUGirl- Go Penn State!

14. Shaw

Shaw Guest

I got into Credit hell buy being slightly by getting cards I couldn't afford.

When I'm "clean" LOL ...I'll by a house for my family(now numbering 5,6 in a few weeks:) ) and I'll never ever spend more than I have again.

I won't get more credit than I need. Point of fact I dispise credit, it pisses me off to no end to pay someone else for my own money. I could use cash as I have for years and say "screw you and your scores CRA! Unfortunately it's killing me in insurance costs and I may want to switch companies in the future and don't want to be blind sided by this "your credit affects your employability crap".

Also I will be telling my kids not to make the same mistakes I did, and it looks kinda stupid to say that if you never corrected said mistakes :).

Sincerely Shaw

P.S. Maybe my point of view is scewed but wouldn't you think that if you "have " to have credit to afford the "finer things in life" maybe you can't afford the life you want. Instead maybe you should reevaluate what you see as the "finer things"? Like I said my point of view may be scewed. Heck maybe I'm just easily pleased. LOL :)

15. .

. Guest

SEX,DRUGS & ROCK N ROLL

GOING RIGHT BACK AT IT...HELL RAISER'S & BEER DRINKER'S

I HAVE "LIZARDKING KNOWLEDGE OF SCREW THE MAN" I DON'T HAVE TO PAY OFF MY DEBTS!!

I AM ON A HIGHWAY TO HELL LATER I LOOK FOR STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

16. ashley

ashley Guest

Lizardking is truely a gift from the credit gods to us,even though it may not be legal I have gotten negative info. off my record using his advice this has saved me money on various accounts.I also now have even better cards with higher rates...Lizardking thank you!

17. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

My personal sob story

With my name--Used to party a lot--lots of cash advances. While this was going on, my dad was dying. I was young and used the cc(s) like they were cash (which I had and wish I would have used if I was thinking clearly)Funeral was kinda expensive. I also had been helping out a "friend" who developed a meth habit from hell--someone had to feed her kids and make sure santa got there and it wasn't her. She robbed my house right after I told her no more money and my dad died. Made minimum payments for years.

We'll be buying a house soon, so we can start a family (been married 11 years)Since I no longer have the influences that helped me make my hole, digging it again is not an issue.

I am acquiring more credit to increase my credit options. I want my next new vehicle to get one of those awesome 0.9 deals.lol.

I've always been responsible for my bills---but I was unresponsible in my spending habits. Chemicals do that.

18. unknown

unknown Guest

My personal sob story

?

?

?

?

I jest wanter saye lizardking well you fathur my baybe?

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

gosh!

lol. that was crazy.

20. ShotCredit

ShotCredit Guest

Re: gosh!

1) how I got in credit hell - financial irresponsibility and NO understanding of credit or self-discipline from the time I was 18 till I turned about 29..... Two wrecked marriages (one that may not even be legal? - long story), and Universities who have you to either borrow the maximum amount you are eligible for or wait till half way through the semester to get your FIRST Stafford Loan disbursement.
    They don't have time to "customize" everyone's loans.... :-(

2) Me clean and close to 700+? That's a GREAT joke. Someone has a wonderful sense of humor. If it did happen, I'd chase down Lizardking and try to marry him... smart is sexy.

Just in case I ever am that fortunate, I will be more responsible, pay my bills on time like I am trying to do now, and be more persistent.

3)I guess I am one of many. Charging up my Providian card was easy. Paying it off can be hell. That was my first and only credit card.....
    I do NOT wish to ever get so much credit again that I can't pay it off.

4) NO. Having too much credit, spending too much credit, and NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE are NOT the reasons most folks end up in credit hell. Far from it.
    Some folks end up in credit hell due to medical bills, job loss, etc. Some are like me - my parents didn't teach me crap about $$. My mom tried, but she died when I was a kid and she was the responsible one. My dad drank like a fish and never had a sense of responsibility. Perpetual teenager he was.
    So - no - when you have no one to teach you about financial respon
    sibility, you may be a little "irresponsible" for a while.

And - uh - Lizardking..... after you father HER baby, you can father MINE. I can see the kid now, five yrs old with a degree in Finance from Harvard! :)