Shell Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zcraws33, May 30, 2001.

1. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

I just received a "preapproved" credit card offer from Shell Credit Card. I have an associates visa and I noticed that Associates is listed on the application. Does anyone know if this is a TRUE preapproval? Or will they pull a hard inquiry if I "accept"?

TIA

SUZYQ

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They will put a hard inquiry on your credit report. But you will probably get the card if you have associates visa, unless you have new negatives since you got it.

breeze

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Associates does not report the gas cards to CRA's - won't help your credit standing to have it. But it's convenient :)

breeze

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Shell already ran your preapproval before you received the offer. If you respond before expiration date, NO INQUIRY WILL APPEAR.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got this card last month after getting a preapproval. No hard inquiry and they do not report.

6. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I responded by phone. It says it will take 10-14 days "for a credit decision", we'll see..but I really don't need another inquiry.

SUZYQ

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting. I also responded by telephone and they just told me 10-14 days to receive the card.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

They didn't pull any hard inquiry when I got pre-approval from Shell(the Associates). They just sent you the card after a week or two. They didn't report your account history to credit bureaus.

Ron.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

it's on my TU or Experian report as hard inquiry the month I got the card - had it about a year now.

you can use it at texaco also.

breeze

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I saw the soft inquiry from Associates on my Equifax report. I've had the card for a little over a month now, and there is no corresponding hard inquiry.

I've had a report from TU since that time because of Lexington's disputes and nothing's shown up there, nor is anything on my on-line version of my Experian report.

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh well - maybe they changed.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be working Dave?? teehee

breeze <who is easy to get along with>

13. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation this week.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Lucky you!! :D

breeze <who is on her way to work>

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

breeze,
    When I got Shell credit card pre-approval from them and they didn't pulled
    any inquiry in any of my credit reports. My brother also got Texaco card and Citgo card pre-approval and they didn't pull any credit. They may changed the policy all over the years.

Ron.

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GAS CARDS USED TO HAVE CREDIT LINES OF $500+
    OTHER POSTS (EXXON) I THINK HAD A CREDIT LINE OF $75.00 WHICH IS USELESS.

You would have to make weekly payments with a credit line of $75.00.

All gas stations should now take VISA/MC/AMERICANEXPRESS/DISCOVERCARD.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Geroge,
    My Exxon card has a credit limit of $1500 and I haven't used it for almost two years. It is because the Exxon Card didn't give me any rebates like my ExxonMobil Mastercard give me 3% rebates on gas purchases and 1% on the other purchases.

Ron.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Re: Monogram Bank/Exxon run around

Maer | 21 posts since May 2001
    158.61.223.134 | 05.08.2001 @ 06:08

Did you by chance have a Mobil card? They merged. My Mobil card went from having no
    limit, where I always charged btwn 200-300 a month for gas to having a $80.00 limit.
    This was 3 months ago. Now suddenly my limit has been reduced to $75.00. I'm really
    ticked at them. I refuse to buy their gas anymore so they just lost out on a good amount
    of business.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SEE...JUST F.Y.I.

19. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

To those getting ANB preapprovals

Do you guys already have Associates credit cards??? Either their visa/mc or other gas cards?

Just wondering if getting a visa with them would allow me to get a gas card quicker... or if getting one gas card starts the preapprovals coming...

20. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: To those getting ANB preapprovals

Actually I was hoping that accepting a gas card that I didn't need (since it doesn't even report) would help me get a visa/mc from Associates.