SHELL GAS CARD Arrived today...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Aug 29, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

and what a shock it was! Last week I recievied a pre-approval mailing,thinking,what the hell,I already have from 12-18 hard inquires already on each of the three credit reports and highest FICO score of 543.OUCH, again is what I thought I would be saying. It's only $100.00 limit,but what the heck.So, since last October,when I found this board,I have recievied the following: FCNB visa, FCNB mastercard, Optima (secure), Chevron,Spiegel/Eddie Bauer, and now a Shell(which is also accepted at Texaco).SLOWLY,but SURELY,in no rush,I am getting there.In the last 11 months the saga of "adding" and "removing" has really taken some twist and turns. Hard inquires and so many have really taken its toll on FICO score. I really think that "not being" so obsessed and demanding with the CRA's is been my success with having BK removed from all three and judgement also,needless to say, 6-7 collections.I see where some have over-worked and worn out their welcome with the CRA"S and had "red"flags" put on reports and one validation/vertifying letter sent one behind the other with no results. Never sent a letter of any sort to verification to have any items removed on reports. Will keep plodding along and slowly have a few "hard inquires" removed at a time.Moral of the story: you just never know what to expect in the credit building business and FICO scores can't/or don't really have no real bearing on approvals.I am living "proof".Mortagage approvals ride on FICO,but few others do. GMAC keeps me in a new car every two years and only reason why,in my opinion, is because i do auto deduct from checking and never been late and with mortgage being "paid" ,I think this is my my anchor in the sea.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

River,

Nice work. I'm happy for your success. Keep it going.

Donna

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Hang in there....every day is one step closer than you were before.

Sister Girl

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Proud of you RIVER!!!!

Hey bud! Congrats! and aren't you glad you kept that secured optima from AMEX? Personal Charge Card for River - a natural for someone with a neat name like sky! :)

You'll be completely set soon :)

I'll snap you!
    arfingly yours - dogman

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Re: Proud of you RIVER!!!!

River,

By and far through your process you probably have more of your sanity left than the rest of us. It is a major accomplishment to have a BK and judgement removed. You are adding your new tradelines and keeping your new credit in check so that definitely rides in your favor. Hopefully, you don't own a gas guzzler that will eat your credit limit in a week! Shell is not very generous with CL's; mine is $250. My Mobil was at about $800 before MGBA took over, not it is $250. Amoco has been the best to me. I have a $600 purchase limit and $400 cash advance limit. Taking cash advances through Amoco are more costly than with Visa or MC. The purchase limit though, works much better for me than my others.

Keep up the good work!

dlo64

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU HAVE A VERY SMALL LIMIT...unusable, use it all up in one week or whatever time it takes. Call them up and ask them how are you supposed to use the card the other 3 weeks. They just may jack up the credit limit to $1,000 (although I wouldn't personally take a credit line under $5,000)...

YOU COULD ASK THEM TO PUT YOU ON WEEKLY BILLING...SINCE YOUR CREDIT LIMIT IS USED UP IN ONE WEEK...That also might help...

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Great job River! I see we are fellow secured Optima holders. I never use mine anymore. I just have it to fill a space in my wallet. It was either that or Providian MC. I went w/ Optima!

One of these days we'll graduate to a *real* Am/Ex card. I'm waiting for my FICO to get to 650. I'm currently at 601 which isn't bad considering I have gotten a few new cards since my score was 607.

8. river

river Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna,SisterGirl for your words of encouragement. GEORGE,thanks for the tip.Will do. dlo,no two are the same;( , MP$40, I hope and have faith that our day will come soon and we both will have be able to trade our "toy" Amex in for the real thang and thanks for your words of encouragement also. Dogman,thanks for your support in the quest for the Amex charge card and BTW, skyler is kewl and a hottie. You always seem to be able to find " the best" in a person. I snapped you an e-mail few days back and haven't heard back yet. And a BIG hello to Momof3 and family.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hiya River:)

Congrats on the card and you are doing fine going up the ladder, keep it up.

It's so nice to see you posting, I have been wondering how you have been and it seems you are doing fine, snap me an email I would love to catch up on things with you. My email is enabled here:)

10. bbweb8

bbweb8 New Member

Congrads River,
    You desrve it Luv, thx for all the advice and introducing me to this room.

All you have to do is dream Darlin!

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I thought all cards were shell cards-well at least a shell game anyway.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

River, River, River,
    Please respond to my email! Thank ya!

13. river

river Well-Known Member

Will check my amex mail bag here and get back with you, how ya doin????

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, River..doing well! :) PBM, sorry off topic but it was sooooo important.