Shell Gas Card Give-a-way...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Sep 5, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

Everybody that I have told to apply for shell gas card has been approved on-line and including myself two week.If you are looking for a gas card(Shell card is accepted at Texaco also), I qwould apply on site for regular card. If I could get one then anyone else should be able to.

2. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

What is the link to apply?

3. river

river Well-Known Member

credit cards on the website. click on shell products on left of screen and go from there

4. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

There's nothing I can see on www.shell.com Do you have the site? What were your scores when you got approved?

Thanks

jmart

5. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

what credit report did they pull..my credit is bad do you really think they will give me one? I sure could use one.

6. river

river Well-Known Member

high 400's and low 500's I put credit card in search area to left then products.

7. river

river Well-Known Member

I applied on -line and have no idea what report they pulled.

8. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

I applied and it said "
    Thank you for your application.

We have received your application and you will be notified through the mail in 7-10 days regarding the status of your request." Guess that is a no :-(

9. river

river Well-Known Member

Same with some friends and within a week they had a card in mail.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

This is associates bank, so if you've been bad before...

11. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Has anyone else gotten this card?

jmart

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to apply. Don't want them to pull Equifax....I'm trying to keep that as my best report. Don't need any new inquiries.

Besides, this card doesn't report......does it?

13. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I got a shell card but I received a pre-approve offer in the mail. CL is only $100....that really sucks. By the end of 1 week I've maxed it out. I tried getting it increase and they told me....due to the length of time...yada, yada, yada.

14. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I've applied online for two gas cards from Associates, and they give me that "notify you by mail" message, and the card arrives a week later.

They don't report payment history, but the inquiries will be reported.

Associates seems to base its credit limits on the income you report, even though it is just a gas card.

15. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Well, since I have a charge off from them I'm too scared to try :(

Steph

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Did anybody who got it have a BK and who is associates connected to? Thanks

17. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

NanaC, I had a BK and I got the infamous we'll will notify you by mail in 7-10 days and my BK is discharged, however if they pulled my EQ it shows my BK as non discharged..which I have to correct...Will let you know what happened in 7-10 days.

---> Zaphod ;')

18. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Nana, I applied for the Shell card and I have a previous BK. I don't know why I did, just did it.

I got the 7-10 days, will let you know as soon as I hear.

Shawn

19. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Associates is now owned by Citigroup, which also owns Citibank. It's also connected with the 4 oil companies for which it issues cards: Shell, Texaco, CITGO, and BP/Amoco.