Shell Gas Card Give-a-way...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Are all Associates gas cards equally attainable?

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Well... in Jan I tried for the Citgo and got a no.. but I have erased lots of old credit in the process of cleaning my reports.

I asked for a manual review and still got a no with my bk.

BUT, they said they can override a denial if I have 3 lines of credit 24 mos old and no negs since the bk...

They encouraged my to reapply in Jan next year. Seemed fair to me.

My bk discharge 12/98. I didn't start getting any other credit til late 99... so I'm just now hitting my 2 year marks this month through Jan :)

3. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Is it true that the Shell card doesn't report to the CRA's? If so, I just wasted an inquiry.. D'oh!

jmart

4. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

I applied and it said "
    Thank you for your application.

We have received your application and you will be notified through the mail in 7-10 days regarding the status of your request."

Same as the others, we will see if 586 pulls a basic card.

5. monterio25

monterio25 Member

Just applied, got the standard message "We will notify of our decision in 7-10 days". I called to check to status and was DECLINED! Don't know which credit report they pulled, but TU 590, EX 606, EQ 587. They are definitely not giving them away. So if you are not sure of your approval don't waste the inquiry.

6. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Too Late for me! I got the same and won't even bother to call for them to tell me "You are a looser..no card for you!"

I guess I got overconfident because I actually got a Target Online approval.

Go figure!

7. river

river Well-Known Member

You not getting instant approval doesn't mean you are declined. Have faith, I did. Those that applied and didn't get instant approval,please come back to board in a week to week 1/2 and let us know. Half of you will be surprized.

8. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Do they report to CRA's?

9. river

river Well-Known Member

No,but that could be good for some and bad for others. It's a foot in the door with Associate Bank and could lead to other association with the Bank.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Foot in the door with the Assassins....er......the Associates? I think I'll pass on that for now (been there, done that.....did like their method of operation). Gee....I posted the link to apply and all, it must of slipped my mind that I had an account with them earlier this year that I canceled due to their poor performance. But hey.....YMMV!

Besides, I would only consider it if they reported. Since they don't, they wouldn't be doing me much good. They may do someone else good......

11. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

Called today to check the status of my application! DECLINED! :-( They pullled Experian for me and I have a 557 there, that was not good enough :-( Hope the rest of you were more succesful with this than me

12. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Well, even though it's "Sour Grapes" What has been said about Associates, it appears that they're really doing us a favor by Declining. :) If approved I just might "Decline" them.

13. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Shell App + Prev BK = D-NIED!!!!! , according to the letter I got Saturday (my friggin birthday!). But they were happy I applied, tho! LOL!

Guess that answers that question.

Shawn

14. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Good Luck NanaC... I hope you get the card.

I applied a while back and was denied b/c of a recent collection account was added. (I HAD NO CLUE OF) That was the only neg. I had on my credit report. I had three positive accounts VISA, MASTER, and Wal-mart. I know they pulled Equifax for me. Sorry... I don't remember what my fico was at the time.

Good Luck

15. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

NanaC,

Bad news...got the mail today and who would have guessed it they declined me for the card. Reason: Bankruptcy on file, and it was even discharged. They pulled EQ...I wouldn't waste the inquiry!