Shell gas card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tom, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

I got pre-approved for associates Shell gas card.Do they report to CRA? What the credit limit will be? Thanks in advance.

2. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

They do report to the CRAs. The limit for this card seems to be in the $300-400 range (for those with average to excellent credit) which is pretty typical for a gas card. The item that shifts most according to your credit rating is your cash advance limit (yep, both Shell and Texaco -- both issued by Associates -- permit cash advances against your credit balance.) The limit will be anywhere from $40-100. However, the interest rates are high for the advances plus no grace period so I don't think the advance is a selling point for the card. I shredded the pin # they sent me.

3. Tom

Tom Guest

Curiouser and Curiouser,thanks for your info.

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Yes, my dad has a Shell gas card with absolute perfect credit. His limit is $400. But who wants a gas card with a $5000 limit anyway??!!

5. Tom

Tom Guest

I send my application out last week because I thought they don't report to CRA.Since I already have six credit cards, adding another revolvting account will low my credit rating.

6. FISH

FISH Guest

I have Shell and Texaco and neither are on any of the three CRA

7. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, interesing. Both my Texaco and Shell accounts are reported to all three CRA's.

8. Michael

Michael Guest

SUNOCO DOESN'T REPORT

Try Sunoco they don't report to any agency, and qualifications is only to have one trade line!

9. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

My Shell and Texaco cards have identical limits: 300 for purchases, 150 for cash advances. The limits are separate; in each case, the overall limit is 450, but not all can be used for purchases. They really push the cash advance feature, both in their solicitation letter and in a brochure they send out with the card.

10. Larry

Larry Guest

If the cards are fairly new, wait 3 months... if they still don't appear on your CR(s),... ask your CRA(s) to insert them manually.

Good luck !