Shell Gas Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone.

Curiosity is getting the best of me.

In the mail yesterday, I received a pre-approval for a Shell card. Many of you here would know that I don't drive. hehehehehe Indeed, Southern California would be a much more dangerous place if I did.

Anyway, the advertisement blurb (which accompanied the form) said something about the card coming with a cash-back feature.

Is that unusual? I had never heard of a gas card offering that option.

If anyone could shed some additional light on this, I'd appreciate it. It's always fun to keep learning new things.

Donna

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

ReShell -- cash-advance featur

Ooops....I should have had my first cup of coffee prior to typing that first post.

What I meant to say was cash-advance feature. I don't recall any of the particulars in terms of fees or anything, but I know that cash-advance was one of the benefits.

Thanks.

Donna

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: ReShell -- cash-advance fe

Texaco (which can be used at Shells) also has that feature--I think it started maybe a year ago?
    I believe I actually have two credit lines--one product and one cash.
    I think it's rather extreme.
    AnnMarie

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: ReShell -- cash-advance fe

I have this card issued thru Associates National bank,cash advance is maxed at $200.00 per account & fees are 3%(I believe).

Sister Girl

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

ReThanks

AnnMarie, and Sistergirl,

Thanks a bunch for the info. I appreciate it.

Donna

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: ReThanks

You betcha :)

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: ReThanks

Donna,
    I got the same pre-approval from Shell(the Assocaites) about 1 yr. ago. The shell does have cash advance option. After you recieve Shell card, they will send you a PIN for getting cash advance and from time to time they offer convenience checks. I never use their pin to take out cash because they charge a very high interest on the cash advance. By the way, I drive and I use Shell card once because they don't report your account to the credit bureaus.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks

I appreciate the info, Ron.

Thanks much.

Donna

9. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks

Hi Donna,

Amoco card also has cash advance feature. Same people (Associates).