Shell Mastercard (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cathy, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

Ok perhaps someone can tell me how this makes sense. I recently started using Shell Mastercard again at Shell stations. I have had this card since 1997 and currently have a small ballance on the card (this is what makes the situation so confusing).
    I went to a shell gas station last night to get gas and the card would not work in the pump or inside (working at aother gas station myself I knew what the messages on the cashier's computer went). After discussing the situation with the cashier, I called customer service. Apparently Chase decided that inspite of my ballance I am "inactive" and use that as a reason to close the account. The account rep made an attempt to repopen the account but the computer wouldn't let him automatically do it because-get this-because THEY closed it supposidly for the alledged inactive status it would take "seven to ten days to review the account and the request to reopen." Anybody have any ideas on how to get this straightenned out? I have a ballance so I fail to see how I'm inactive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Jamee25

Jamee25 Well-Known Member

Most major credit card companies are the same way. (at least everyone that I know of) You may have been revolving a balance for a certain period of time, just paying on it rather than ever using the card. Usually the rule is that you have to use it at least one time per year to keep it active, and to make sure its reissued. Has it been over a year since you used it?

Even if you go buy something for 1.00 just to keep it active, that is considered activity. They dont consider payments as keeping an acct active, they want you to use their card.

Jamee

3. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

That is the strange thing. It has not been over a year. my renewal time isn't til next may. NOt only is there a small ballance but last time I used it successfully was about a week ago.